Friday, December 04, 2015

Tis the season to partay...

That's how we say it in my neck of the woods. Truthfully, party and partay are like the difference between naked and nekkid. The latter often includes a little something extra, like booze and being up to something no good.

Lulu is almost always up to something. (Shamelessly flirting with Santa after stealing my milk)

If your holiday calendar isn't filled with engagements yet, perhaps you need to host your own partay. Throw together a tub of redneck caviar and grab a good box of wine to add to the festivities. Or go all out by firing up the backyard grill or ordering smoked meat from your favorite BBQ joint. Now it's a partay.

Honestly, food and setting play a role, but like books, the best ones are where the people make the partay- no alcohol required. Characters I can relate to have always been the key for me to enjoy a read. People I can relate to have always been the key for me to enjoy life. Relationships, romantic and otherwise, are what life's all about. You'll have your greatest fun and your biggest heartaches with or because of the people you surround yourself with. Choose wisely and find more happiness than you can hold.

If your calendar is beyond full with the busyness of the season, don't forget to reach out to those who've made a positive impact on your year/life and tell them you appreciate them. That might mean messaging your favorite author. Wouldn't you love to get a kind word like that?


 Put your partay shoes on and celebrate the season. 



I'm celebrating in a new way by offering a free short story to readers who sign up for my newsletter, Dirt Road Ramblings. I haven't promoted it widely yet, so if you want to be among the first to receive a fast, fun read with a sexy cop, an unexpected ex-con, drugs and dirty diapers, click here.

Just for grins and giggles, tell your favorite partay food or beverage or describe your favorite partay shoes.
May your holidays be filled with love and laughter. #sharethelove

1 comment:

Aidee Ladnier said...

I just bought some wildcat shoes for my next partay engagement ;)