Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas Week: A Recipe and a Freebie

I thought I'd share a super easy recipe for this week of Christmas. I know a lot of people have been baking and preparing for the good times to come and are probably sick of recipes but this is my day to blog and you can't stop me (hahaha) from posting this. And besides, it's not baking if it's called no-bake éclair cake, is it??


How about a couple of photos to whet your appetite?


Recipe


No Bake chocolate Eclair Cake

 
I box graham crackers

2 small boxes vanilla pudding

3 cups of milk

1 container of cool whip

 

Mix the pudding with the milk. Fold in the cool whip.
In a 9x11 pan, spread a layer of graham crackers.
Put 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top.
Add another layer of Graham crackers.
Put other 1/2 of pudding mixture on top
One more layer of Graham crackers.
 
Icing:
 
Either use canned or make your own chocolate icing. Here's what I make:
 
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Sift the cocoa and sugar together. Put in pot on stove. Add milk and the butter. Stir until melted.  Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute only. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla. Put in mixing bowl and mix until spreadable. (I use my kitchenaid as it takes about 12 minutes since it has to cool down as well.
 
Ice the cake, put in fridge for at least 5 hours (better overnight) - this allows the Graham crackers to get soft.
 
Serve and enjoy.

And while you're enjoying that, here's a free book (free until December 24, 2016) from my alter-ego, S. F. Chancellor. It's a short story set on Christmas Eve. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QIXIQ1I?keywords=S.%20F.%20Chancellor&qid=1450456385&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4






10 comments:

Tonette said...

Tat recipe could not be easier! I will have to have you share your easy entertaining tips on my easy entertaining blog when you have time!
***I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year***({Better I should sing in print, believe me!)

Jillian said...

thanks! It is super easy. Merry Christmas to you all as well. I won't sing either. LOL

Alicia Coleman said...

Recipe looks yummy. Merry Christmas, Jillian!

Jillian said...

thanks Alicia! Merry Christmas to you as well.

Suzanne Johnson said...

Well, YUM. And I think even I could make that recipe. Yum. Off to read now :-)

Jillian said...

It's super easy. That's why I like it. �� Hope you like the read.

robertsonreads said...

Hi Jillian

I definitely plan to try this recipe and thank you for sharing. Also, thank you for the free novella.

Merry Christmas to your family and you.
Ginger aka robertsonreads

Jillian said...

I hope you love the recipe and the story. Merry Christmas to you as well, Ginger.

Louisa Cornell said...

Oooh! Scrumptious recipe! Definitely trying this! We should put a Romance Magicians Cookbook together. Everyone has such great recipes!

Merry Christmas, ladies (and gentlemen) !! And our most successful NEW YEAR YET !!

Jillian said...

That's a great idea, Louisa. We should. Enjoy the cake and have a great 2016 as well.