Monday, October 19, 2015

A little nudge to keep you writing: The Elizabeth Gilbert TED talk

So, I am swamped with work and wish I had time to write something amazingly clever! (Not sure that ever happens, but I will go with it.) But that isn't going to happen. So, instead, I thought I would share a video with you today. I just finished Elizabeth Gilbert's awesome book about creativity, Big Magic. It is a quick, powerful read. After reading anything I love, I binge read and watch author interviews, and I ended up coming across Gilbert's TED talks. I found two great ones, so I thought I would share one of the shorter ones. I bet several of you have already seen this clip, but, just in case you need a shot of something to keep you writing and producing work, I thought it would be something nice to share! Enjoy!



Susan Sierra is a historical and contemporary romance writer. She loves books and old letters, adores her dog and family, and has a deep and committed love affair with coffee. She spent time as an undergraduate studying (having fun) in Mexico, went on to work for a large regional magazine as a copyeditor, and then decided that she hadn’t tortured herself enough in life...so she went to graduate school. After many years, she walked away with a PhD and an unhealthy relationship with Charles Dickens. She hopes to complete her first full-length novel in 2015. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

No comments: