Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Favorite Southern Magic Romance Readers Luncheon

With the end of this month, the prices for the Southern Magic Romance Readers Luncheon will go up. And as my mind wanders, I start thinking about my favorite luncheon. There are so many to remember considering Southern Magic had some great authors/speakers, such as Linda Howard, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christina Dodd. My top favorite has to be Anne Stuart.

Most people who follow me on my blog and Facebook know that I'm a big fan of hers (as the other ladies). Anne's Ice series is one of my favorites, especially her book FIRE AND ICE. Hey, I even have a hero named after her series and based on the hero from that book. Be sure to check out Ice Takahashi in my book, CIRCLE OF DISHONOR.

The best part of the luncheon with Anne was that I had volunteered to pick her up at the airport. Such a hardship. NOT! I greeted her with a sign that read "Your Greatest Fan!" Oh, yes, she had a worried look on her face. Think Stephen King's MISERY.  HA!  I promised her I didn't have a sledge hammer. She was relieved. It was the best fifteen minutes I spent in a car. She was so much fun to talk with.

Though at the luncheon, you probably won't have fifteen whole minutes of alone time like I did with one of my favorite authors, you do get a chance to speak with them, shake their hand, and get your book signed.

Plus you get a bag of free books, a chance at a door prize and other opportunities to take home a basket of goodies. And the authors (there are many) at each table usually have all kinds of fun swag for you to take home. Yes. You get to sit with a published author and ask questions to your hearts delight or sit there and listen to what others ask. If you're an introvert, don't worry. No need to say a word. Just sit and enjoy a lunch and lots of romantic literary energy around you.

So you want to know more about this fun happening? It's November 7, 2015 in Birmingham, Alabama and the keynote speaker will be NYT and USA Today bestselling author Darynda Jones. Click here to go to the website. Plus check out who else will be there.

Of course, I will be hanging around. Come and sit with me. Don't leave me alone. You never know what kind of trouble I can get into. Well, maybe you want to help me get in trouble? Hmmm. You sound like my kind of people.  HA!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GIVEAWAY:  Comment and I'll put in a drawing for a $10 gift card to your choice of book seller (Amazon or Barnes & Noble). The winner will be announced here on August 31.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carla Swafford loves romance novels, action/adventure movies, and men, and her books reflect that. Her next series starts February 16, 2016 with the Brothers of Mayhem MC book, HIDDEN HEAT. Be sure to check it out.

Look for me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Google+
Time Magazine, [Circle of Danger] ". . . involves deadly assassins, drug lords and doing it."
Action-Adventure-Romantic-Suspense




14 comments:

Aidee Ladnier said...

Wow! Anne Stuart. I totally would have fangirled all over her. Break the Night was one of my favorite of the Silhouette Shadows.

Carla Swafford said...

Aidee, I did my best not to burst out in tears -- happy tears. LOL!

Susan said...

I love this story!! LOL!

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Susan!

Timitra said...

Love the Hidden Heat cover!

Ashfa said...

Wow, the Hidden Heat cover is just amazing!!! Love it!

Ali Hubbard said...

Love the Hidden Heat cover. And can't agree now about the luncheon! !!

Ali Hubbard said...

Can't agree "more" ... crazy phone swiping!

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Timitra and Ashfa!

Carla Swafford said...

LOL! I had a feeling there was a mistype or mis-swipe, Ali! LOL!

bn100 said...

sounds like a fun event

Nancee Cain said...

You met Anne Stuart... I'm jealous!

donnas said...

Love these posts. Helps build the excitement until the event.

Carla Swafford said...

Donnas - You have won the $10 Gift Certificate/card for your choice of Amazon or B&N. Email me at carla@ carlaswafford.com with your preference.

Thanks for comment!