- Decorating the Tree for Christmas. Because I have the kitchiest, most marvelous ornaments in the world and they always make me smile to see them. It's like visiting with old friends.
- Soy Eggnog. I thought for sure I'd have to give up eggnog when I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance, but luckily, there's a deeeelicious soy milk alternative that tastes exactly the same. Yum!
- Lighting the Fireplace. Okay, my fireplace is electric, so theoretically I can run it all year long because heat doesn't actually come out of it unless I push a button....but it's winter and there's a fire in the fireplace!!!
- Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas Movies. These are my incredibly guilty and (almost) secret pleasure. I'm totally outing myself on this blog, but I literally fill up the DVR with them and watch them all year long.
- Baking Christmas Cookies. I love to bake cookies. There's something a little zen about mixing all the ingredients, placing decorations meticulously on each one, and than smelling the delicious scent of baking cookies wafting from the oven.
AIDEE LADNIER is a writer who loves quirky characters. You can visit her website at http://www.aideeladnier.com or meet her at some of her favorite social media sites:
Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Facebook