Monday, December 01, 2014

December Already!

Can you believe it's already December? I think it was August about fifteen minutes ago. I swear I was just wearing flip-flops and sweating. Oh yeah, I probably was since there's nothing less predictable than the weather in the south.

We've had some Decembers when it's been so warm we can go to the beach and wade in the water and then we've had some that are so cold we can't walk outside without the cold wind snatching our breath away.  At least it's never dull, right?

Speaking of December, tis the season to decorate with lights, trees and nativity sets. I'm one of those folks who doesn't get out the Christmas things until after Thanksgiving. I was more than a little shocked this Thanksgiving when I arrived at my mother's house to find she already had her tree up. Stunned that the woman who raised me had broken protocol in such a way, I almost passed out but luckily, she'd made my favorite deviled eggs and that revived me. Since mom had a minor stroke in 2012, I guess I can give her a break for forgetting her own rule.

I'm definitely blessed to have both my parents still here and I'll treasure the times I get with them for so long as I can. This is my grown-up Christmas wish for everyone: That your families will have a wonderful season, no matter which holiday you celebrate and that you will be blessed with love, friendship and plenty of your favorite beverages.

It'll be January before we turn around so get out there and make the most of December.

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

You bet! Wishing you the best, Jillian!