Monday, October 20, 2014

Soup's On!!

The weather is getting cooler and I'm thinking it's soup time! Here's one of my favorites :) Try it and let me know your thoughts.

Chicken Chili






2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 tsp onion powder
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 package cream cheese



  1. Drain and rinse the black beans. Place your chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, then pour out the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel tomatoes, and black beans on top of chicken.
  2. Top with seasonings and ranch dressing mix. Stir together.
  3. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.


Now there's a little romance for ya! Grab a bowl and a good book and enjoy!!

10 comments:

Meda White said...

That sounds yum. Thanks for sharing.

Larynn Ford said...

It is Meda! Let me know if you try it.

Carla Swafford said...

Looks delicious! Hubby prepared regular chili. The chill at night makes it perfect. I'll have to tell him about your recipe.

Larynn Ford said...

I think if you discarded the liquid from the chicken, drained the corn and beans to make it thicker, you could wrap it in tortillas or maybe spoon it over rice. So many variations.

Let me know how you like it!

Tina B said...

I love chicken chili, though I've never made it myself. It looks yummy! I'll have to try it.
Thank you for sharing. :)

Louisa Cornell said...

Fantastic recipe! And I would assume a chicken chili isn't quite so heavy. Definitely going to try this one!

Larynn Ford said...

Thanks Tina!

Larynn Ford said...

Louisa, the only problem I have with this chili is stopping at one serving :)

Cari Hislop said...

Half the ingredients are on my 'don't eat or you'll be in agony' list (stupid intestines!), but it sounds super yummy! Ah...soup! It's that time of the year. Lovely!

Larynn Ford said...

I'm sorry Cari :( Maybe you could do some substitutions. You're right, soup is so good!