Friday, June 13, 2014

Life.

We've all seen pictures like this before. A weed growing through a crack in the pavement or some other impossible space. This particular one was found growing in a hole in a wall beside the sidewalk.

We've all read the encouraging words about life's struggles so it's really nothing new, right? That's what I thought the first five or six times I walked by this little plant on my way in to work. I finally did stop and take a picture of it. The poor little thing deserved some recognition. And I did think about my problems and my daily struggles.

I decided I need to be more like the little seed that fell into a hold but made the best of what it had and did what it was meant to do. Grow.

So I'm going to struggle and push on and be what I am supposed to be. Me.

What about you?

7 comments:

Aidee Ladnier said...

Such an optimistic little seed. This is lovely.

Larynn Ford said...

It was so easy to pass by, but when I stopped to think about it, we're all little seeds struggling to be ourselves. Have a great day Aidee. Hope to see you soon!

Cari Hislop said...

I love your advice to the seed...Grow where you are! I love seeing things grow out of improbable places. In my village the little old church has a stone wall on one side. Two wild white fox gloves are growing out of the wall. How the heck they got there I've no idea, but their improbability adds to their beauty. I've often admired the improbable seeds growing in the cracks.
Now I need to ask myself how big is the crack where I'm growing). :)

Meda White said...

For years I've heard the advice "Grow where you're planted." It takes some inner strength to look around at all the obstacles that might keep you from sprouting and push through anyway. Thanks, Larynn, for making me stop to ponder. :)

Larynn Ford said...

Thanks for stopping by Cari!
This little plant of course did not live long. It did call to me every time I walked by. Finally, I listened and stopped. Not only to take a picture but to think about life. Mission accomplished little plant.

Larynn Ford said...

It's true, isn't it Meda? We need to follow this example and push on.

It was so good seeing you Saturday. Hope to see you again very soon.

Cari Hislop said...

What a lovely thought! Even little weeds have missions. I'm glad you took the picture.