Friday, May 16, 2014

Cover Reveal: Play With My Heart

Here it is. The long-awaited (for me anyway) cover reveal of my first full length novel.
 

Play With My Heart: Southland Romance Book 1

Available from Soul Mate Publishing July 2014
 
 
Southern musician and closet geek Liz Baker enjoys her quiet life. While in Los Angeles helping her brother with a house project, the simple life gets complicated when British television actor Ian Clarke walks into the picture.
Ian enjoys his celebrity status in Hollywood and is determined nothing and no one will get in the way of his plans for success on the big screen. He never counted on meeting a woman like Liz, but she’s the only one who can help him with a personal problem.
Forced into close quarters where priorities and cultures clash, an intense attraction catches them both by surprise. Secrets, old lovers and the paparazzi threaten their new dreams and a chance for love could be lost forever.

The cover artist, Leah Kaye Suttle, was contracted through Soul Mate and she did a wonderful job with the design. We met on Twitter after I approved the final cover and she's excited about the reveal too. The only element missing is a guitar, but we couldn't figure out how to add it without cluttering things up. The guitar is the main instrument my heroine plays, but the title is really a "play" on words. I love puns. The cover is simple, elegant, and captures the sweet, sultry, and southern feel of the story.

What do you think?

19 comments:

Ali Hubbard said...

Super Squee!!!! I love it!!!!

Meda White said...

Yay! *hand claps* Thank you :D

Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Meda,

Love the cover and the blurb. I'm putting PLAY WITH MY HEART on my TBR list.

Joanne :)

Meda White said...

Yay, Joanne. Thank you. I'm so excited I can't stop bouncing on my balance ball.

Kelly said...

I love it! Can hardly wait!

Anonymous said...

☺☻♥♥♥ I love the synopsis and the blond hero♥ Can't wait for your second book Meda ☺
JJ

Carla Swafford said...

Very pretty. Congratulations!

Meda White said...

Thanks y'all- Kelly, JJ, & Carla- for celebrating with me. Woohoo!

robertsonreads said...

Hi Meda,

Love the premise of Play with My Heart. And, the cover is awesome!

Ginger aka robertsonreads

Meda White said...

Thanks, Ginger. I'm so excited. *smiles*

Pamela Mason said...

It's absolutely beautiful Meda. I can't wait for its release!

Meda White said...

Thank you, Pamela. I can't wait either. If I dance until July, I guess I'll burn a bunch of calories. :)

Larynn Ford said...

Love it Soul Sister!! Can't wait for July to get here. It's almost like waiting for Christmas, isn't it?

Meda White said...

You said it, Larynn. Maybe we'll have Christmas in July. Fireworks and release parties. :)

Beth said...

Beautiful cover and intriguing blurb. I know how you feel. I about peed my pants with excitement when I first saw my cover! :)

My release date for THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS is in August so we definitely need a summer launch party. Congrats!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful cover favors you somewhat love teaser can't wait to read it.

Cari Hislop said...

She did a lovely job with your cover! And your synopsis blurb is brilliant...I don't normally read modern romances, but I think I need to expand my reading genres!!! :)

Meda White said...

Thank you for the kind words, Beth, Charlotte & Cari. Thanks for stopping by. I happy danced so much I pulled a muscle in my neck. :)

Aidee Ladnier said...

Awesome cover, Meda!