Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Trailer: Play With My Heart

Last week, I revealed the cover for Play With My Heart: Southland Romance Book 1. This week, it's the trailer reveal.

I never thought I'd make a book trailer because I've heard from more than one person in the industry that readers don't really care about them. I've recently connected with some fellow Soul Mate Publishing authors online, and I've noticed many of them use trailers. I've also seen more than one article recently about the popularity of YouTube and how people are using videos to grow their businesses. I thought, why not?

I combined some recent advice from workshops and industry articles about power words and the promise of an experience to the reader. I tried to keep that in mind when I made this. I also tried to keep it short because I know people might give up 30-60 seconds to watch, but 2-3 minutes might be asking too much.

 
 

Have you seen trailers by other authors you love? Do you think there's an audience for book trailers? Does this one give you expectations and make you feel something? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

6 comments:

Ali Hubbard said...

I think yoyr logic is spot on. And I love the trailer!!!

Larynn Ford said...

You are a trailer pro. That was great! The one I did for In My Wildest Dreams is still sitting somewhere on my computer. I never put music to it but maybe I'll dig it out and dust it off one day. You inspire me!

Meda White said...

Ali- thank you for the love and brain support.

Larynn- Thanks. Now, go on and make one for your new book too while you're at it :) Can't wait to see it.

Ingrid Seymour said...

Very nice! You'll have to teach us how you did it ;)

Meda White said...

Thanks, Ingrid. I Googled how to do it and found a great YouTube video by Kathy Wheeler on using Animoto. She demos the free version. It's really cool and I wound up getting the Plus version so I could make it a little longer and have more options for music and such. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSmgNVksHK8

Anonymous said...

☺☻♥♥ JJ