Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Late to the Partay!


Hey everybody, there's nothing like being late to the partay, is there? I know a lot about that these days. You see, I've been diagnosed with the flu and am in quarantine. Ordinarily, being forced to stay home because of snow (the south experienced that last week) or because of vacation, would be a very good thing. But add flu to the mix and well... let's just say, "Blah," fits here oh! too well.

Lethargy + illness = not priceless.

To showcase how awful this is, I'll share with you about last night. This month, my contemporary Lost Treasure, Captive Princess was the featured book at the Tillman Library. Last night, I was supposed to be present for the book club get together. Was I able to attend? ARRRGH! That be a NO. Did I want to attend? ARRRGH! That be a much delighted and shouted, "YES" as you can see below!




Jean Zeiler, former Librarian for the Tillman Library, brought in  Chef Jone with her specialty, a Double-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry sauce and presented it to the group. If y'all know how much I LOVE chocolate, you'll know what a sacrifice this was for me. Not to mention, each book club member had spent the month not only reading my book, but creating their very own masquerade mask to celebrate Carnivale along with Gian-Paolo and Carolina. There were Mardi Gras beads and more at that partay, my friends. And where was this pirate? Camped out in her recliner asleep, missing all the fun. Boo and Bilge Rats!!!

Behold the glorious gifties the ladies at the Tillman Library so graciously gave me, even though I couldn't be present! (Mwah! Throwing kisses their way!)


Now for more great news! The relaunch for Duke by Day, Rogue by Night is underway. Duke is up for pre-order at Smashwords and All Romance Books. Reviews from ARCs are pouring in and I'm participating in The Romance Reviews 3rd Anniversary Celebration March 1-31st. New promotional items are being designed. My updated website will be going live, just in time for Duke's relaunch. Oh, me hearties! Darling Daughter #2 has really outdone herself this time! I can't wait for you to see Rogues, Rebels & Rakes new look! My blog is now connected to my website and I'll have a newsletter readers can sign up for to learn about my next release. Huzzah and Hoorah!!! (Gotta be careful not to get too excited or I'll go into a coughing fit. LOL!)

So... in honor of Duke's relaunch, I give you the new book cover and blurb. Woot!

CONSTANCE DANBURY is desperate to escape an arranged marriage to a man nearly twice her age. Her only hope is to board a merchantman bound for Spain to enlist her aunt's help. Her plans go awry when she’s captured by pirates. Even more alarming, her traitorous body longs for the man who’s returning her to England! Pushed into a marriage of convenience, she’s caught between two men—one owns her heart, the other is bent on stealing it.

PERCIVAL AVERY is a member of Nelson's Tea, an elite group assigned to protect England's shores at any cost. On a mission to avenge his sister’s death, Percy infiltrates the gang of cutthroats responsible. When his vessel attacks a merchantman, Percy must choose between vengeance and saving the life of his commander's niece. His only choice is to mutiny, but mutiny obliterates his well-laid plans. Forced on a new course that leads straight back to Constance Danbury, Percy has to make a decision—chase revenge or allow himself to love again.


So I ask you, if you could have a do-over, what would you wish for?

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

I'm so sorry you missed that! We work so hard on books and when people take time out to read it, we want to celebrate with them. Geez! You being sick certainly sucked!

Hope you get well soon. Hugs.

robertsonreads said...

Hi Katherine,
I'm so sorry you missed your book club partay. But, I do hope you are feeling better. We've had several professors and staff out sick with the flu. Last week I was out with both ears and sinus infections. I have a wonderful Dr. FeelGood who took care of me.

My do over would be the last Saturday I spent with my dad. I didn't spend enough time with him that day like I should have. But, I was extremely fortunate to speak to him earlier in the day that he passed.

Many continued well wishes with your publishing.

Ginger aka robertsonreads

Louisa Cornell said...

Missing your book party is a MAJOR BUMMER !! But it looks as if they did it up right !! Maybe next time you will be HEALTHY and able to attend!