Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting The Proverbial Call


This was my view on January 10, 2014. I was on Pensacola Beach for an early Birthday celebration. It was a happy day because I received my first publishing contract from Soul Mate Publishing. I always believed when the day came, I’d dance. I did eventually, but the first thing I did was cry. It was overwhelming to know someone valued my work enough to offer to pay me for it.

I texted Hubba-luv at work and called my mom, who cried with me. I emailed my CP and texted my BFF plus an awesome group of supportive ladies from my former career. Everyone applauded. Even though it was via digital communication, I heard their cheers. It’s possible I’m still in shock.
I wanted to put announcements on social media and shout it from the rooftops, but something told me to wait. Later that night, when Hubba-luv was sawing logs, I was reminded to write my blog post for Romance Magicians. I can’t think of a better place to share my news than with the group who helped me get here.
Southern Magic is an amazing RWA chapter. I’ve received much needed advice, support, and encouragement from the talented writers who comprise this group. I’ve learned so much about the craft and business of writing through the wonderful monthly programs, Q&A sessions, and online courses. I’d like to thank everyone who’s helped me on my journey to publication. I’m not going away though. Soon, I’ll be bugging you about blurbs, marketing, swag, and so on and so forth. This party’s just getting started.
 

22 comments:

M.V.Freeman said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Meda!

Well done!

Very excited--and well deserved! :D

Yay!

Callie James said...

Congratulations, Meda!

So happy for you!

Jamie Farrell said...

Meda, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO THRILLED for you!! :-) :-) :-)

This calls for some dancing! WOOHOO!!!

Jillian said...

Woo hoo!! That's so wonderful. COngrats my friend!!

Carla Swafford said...

Congratulations, Meda!! I'm so happy for you! ((((HUGS))))

Carla Swafford said...

Oh, and happy birthday!!

Rashda Khan said...

Congratulations Meda! Can't wait to read it! :)

And happy, happy birthday!!!

Meda White said...

Thanks to you all. Like I said, this wouldn't have happened so soon without y'all. Big hugs all around.

Julie Johnstone said...

Woo-hoo, Meda! I'm so happy for you!

Ali Hubbard said...

Congratulations and we'll done. I'm not surprised at all. Doing the happy dance with you!♥♥♥

Julie Childress said...

Jeff and I are so proud of you! You will go far, I know it. :)

Pamela Mason said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you!

robertsonreads said...

Congratulation Meda!
Ginger aka robertsonreads

Naima Simone said...

WHOO-HOO!!! Congratulations, Meda!! I'm so excited for you! This is just the first of many!

Oh and happy birthday!! LOL! What a great present!

Aidee Ladnier said...

Awesome!!!!! Congrats, Meda. :)

Larynn Ford said...

Congratulations!!! You will LOVE bing with Soul Mate. One more supportive group can't hurt now can it?

Lindi said...

Congratulations, Meda. :) So thrilled for you. Can't wait to read it.

Meda White said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Makes me feels so special. Best wishes for a lifetime of love.

Wendy Ewurum said...

I'm so happt I dropped in and got some of these news ..... congratulations...this is HUUUUGE
I'm looking forward to the bits you'll be sharing. Please count my blog in.

http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

Susan Reynolds said...

Congratulations, Meda!!! This is so great!

Madeline Turnipseed said...

Congratulations Meda! So So Exciting!! I can't wait to hear updates on your career!

Louisa Cornell said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MEDA !!

That is FABULOUS news! I am so excited for you and I look forward to an amazing career for you!