Monday, January 06, 2014

Addicted to UNO

Anybody ever find themselves so involved in some online activity that time just slips away? You know, you have a list of things you need to do . . . chores around the house, day job, sleep, and writing of course . . . but you say to yourself, "Just one more."

I recently found UNO online and have been enjoying the heck out of it. Now, after realizing how much time has gone into playing games, I've had to be firm and make a deal with myself. "Larynn, you need to cross one item off your list before you can play another game."

Yes ma'am, reasonable side.

So, at the top of my list was my Romance Magicians blog post scheduled for today which got me thinking about all the other times I get caught up in activities that take away from my list of must do's.

Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, email, music, your favorite TV show or movie . . . the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, we all need down time but I'm sure we all let these favorites get the better of us from time to time.

How about you? What consumes more of your time than you intend? Come on, confession is good for the soul.

Now if you'll excuse me . . . UNO is calling my name :)


7 comments:

Pamela Mason said...

UNO Larynn!
I did NOT need to know this!
Somewhere I read a post that read Facebook is like the refrigerator - we keep going back to it to gaze, even though we know there's nothing there new that wasn't there five seconds ago.
Yep.

Larynn Ford said...

OMG!!!! You are so right! I should have added the refrigerator to my list of things that draw you in.
Have a great day and try to stay warm;)

Caragh Byford said...

I'm addicted to Phase 10. Ugh!

Larynn Ford said...

That's funny Caragh, Phase 10 was our choice for game night last Saturday at my sister's house! We laughed until our sides hurt but it was great!

Linda Joyce said...

UNO online! I will find it. I had never played before...until my sister bought the game and we played with my mom in the hospital over the holidays!

Larynn Ford said...

It is fun for sure Linda. Mine is a Chrome app. Have fun!!

Carla Swafford said...

For Christmas my kids gave me Chromecast. Love it! But now I catch myself watching waaaay too much TV.

(On season 3 of Battlestar Galactica and love watching foreign films - if you have Netflix, be sure to see The Man From Nowhere.)

Really need to be writing...