Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Interview with Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Winner and Southern Charmer Casey Crow!

I remember reading the list of Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Contest winners in 2012 and doing a Jersey fist pump. Why? Because I spotted Casey Crow's name and her book Can't Fake This as winner of the Novella category. See, I remember when Casey entered the Linda Howard Award of Excellence Contest for unpublished authors. And now here she was a couple of years later, published and winning this prestigious award. I was so thrilled for her! When you meet her she has a smile that's so wide and friendly a person can't help but grin in return. Southern and sassy--that is sooo Casey Crow!

After the interview, make sure you leave a comment because Casey is offering up her award-winning novella Can't Fake This to a lucky reader!

Me: Hi, Casey! Like I mentioned above, I was so excited to find out you won the 2012 GWAoE Novella Category with Can't Fake This.  *doing Snoopy dance* Tell us why you entered the contest.
  
Casey: I'd never entered a published authors contest as Can't Fake This was my debut. It's a sexy story with a twist on the 12 Days of Christmas. From best selling authors I had heard how prestigious the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence was and I wanted to be part of that legacy.

Me: And now you are! How cool is that? Now, when you look back almost a couple of years later, what benefit did you gain from entering the GWAoE? 

Casey: The experience was invaluable and encouraging, especially for a new author. Being included alongside such wonderful and well-established authors was an honor. Winning was truly a highlight for me. And the engraved silver bookmark was beautiful! I don't know of any other contest that gives such a nice prize. 

Me: I've seen them, and yes! They are gorgeous! This year winners will receive a very cool lapel pin. *sigh* So, Casey, what are you working on now? 

Casey: Thanks for asking. I've been quite busy since winning the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. My agent has two books out on submission. HUSTLER'S DREAM is about a Southern socialite pool shark and FEELS SO RIGHT features another Southern belle that happens to be a country music agent. See a theme here? All my heroines are "Sexy, Sassy & Southern".  

My alter ego, Casey Layne, recently released an adorable children's picture book just in time for the holidays. BACK ALLEY PUPSTERS is a twist on Dancing with the Stars. I'm also having a blast writing a young adult entitled DIARY OF A PAGEANT QUEEN. To find out more, please visit www.caseylayne.net.

Just to note, CAN'T FAKE THIS is going out of print soon, but it's not too late to heat up your holidays with this super spicy Christmas story. www.caseycrow.com 

Me: Wow! You are super busy, Casey! Thank you so much for taking time out and visiting with us! 

Don't forget to leave a comment for Casey. You could win a copy of the award-winning Can't Fake This!

And if you're a published author, consider entering Southern Magic's Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Contest. Here's the info below:


The Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, sponsored by the RWA chapter Southern Magic, was conceived in honor of multi-RITA Winner Gayle Wilson to award excellence in published romantic fiction.

Fee:  $30 first book; $25 subsequent books
Deadline:  January 15, 2014
Eligibility:  All published authors of novel-length or novella-length romance fiction
Entry:  Books must have a copyright of 2013. Electronic books may be entered when not available in print. Must provide a copyright page produced by the publisher. Non-subsidy/non-vanity/no self-pub.
Categories:  Historical; Romantic Suspense; FF&P; Contemporary; YA; Inspirational; and Novella (20,000 – 40,000 Words)
Judges:  Avid readers of romance, booksellers, and/or librarians
For More Information and to Enter:  www.southernmagic.org/gaylewilsoncontest.html
Contest Coordinator:  Heather Cover, GWContest@southernmagic.org

8 comments:

robertsonreads said...

Hi Casey,
You are definitely in good company winning the Gayle Wilson Award. I along with my brothers & sisters, had her as an English teacher in high school and she was awesome! And, still is.

Oh, and Carla is a riot! And, super nice.
May you have continued success!
Ginger aka robertsonreads

bn100 said...

Great to win with your debut

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Carla Swafford said...

Did I "hear" my name? HA! Thanks, Ginger. Hugs.

Karen Dailey said...

I enjoyed your interview with Casey Crow! I always enjoy finding new authors and vi especially like Sexy Sassy Southern fiction. Best of luck to you Casey on your new projects!

Karen Dailey said...

Oh yeah, my contact info is kfdailey@triad.rr.com

Tereasa said...

Great interview! Congrats on the Gayle Wilson!!!

Tereasa said...

Great interview! Congrats on the Gayle Wilson!

Naima Simone said...

Thank you, everyone, for coming by and visiting with Casey! I hope you had as much fun reading her interview as I had speaking with her!

Now...what you've all been waiting for... The winner of CAN'T FAKE THIS is *long drum solo*

Karen Dailey! Congratulations, Karen! And Merry Christmas, everyone!