Monday, December 16, 2013

Interview with Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Winner and Fabulous Cynthia Eden!!

When I found out we were going to be interviewing past Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence winners I jumped--like a totally undignified leap--at the chance to speak with Cynthia Eden! I LOVE her books! Doesn't matter what she writes--romantic suspense or paranormal--she is an auto buy for me. And after having the chance to meet and hang out with her on Bourbon Street at Authors After Dark in 2012, I'm even more of a fan. There's nothing better than discovering an author whose books you adore is such a warm, funny, and cool person. Cynthia Eden is not just an amazing author but an awesome person! Why yes, I am gushing... LOL!

So enjoy her interview as much as I did, and stayed tuned for a wonderful GIVEAWAY from Cynthia! She's offering one lucky commentor copies--print or digital--of her GWAoE winning books, In the Dark and Immortal Danger


Me: Cynthia, you were a double winner in the 2010 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Contest in 2010 for your paranormal novella In the Dark and paranormal single title Immortal Danger. Can you tell us why you entered the contest?  

Cynthia: I entered the contest because it has such a wonderful reputation in the industry.  I LOVE that the contest is judged by readers, booksellers, and librarians—they are the ones that know the most about romances! So, of course, I wanted to know what they thought of my work!

Me: Absolutely! I agree 100%. What benefit did you gain from entering the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence? 

Cynthia: I met so many fantastic people as a result of the contest—it was great for networking. It was also a fantastic experience to know that readers were truly enjoying my work…because that is what writing is all about. Creating stories that people will enjoy. Stories that can carry them away, and give them the glow of a happy ending.

Me: You have done that for me so many times, Cynthia! Can you give us a preview on what you're working on now?

Cynthia: Right now, I am just about to start a new dark and sexy romantic suspense story. So I’ve got serial killers on my mind. I’m also starting to promote my new paranormal series with Kensington Brava—my phoenix shifters are going to be in the wild with the January 2014 release of BURN FOR ME.

Me: Phoenix shifters and serial killers! I. Can't. Wait! LOL!! Thank you so much for visiting with us, Cynthia! You rock!

Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win Cynthia's In the Dark and Immortal Danger

And if you're a published author, consider entering Southern Magic's Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Contest. Here's the info below:





The Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, sponsored by the RWA chapter Southern Magic, was conceived in honor of multi-RITA Winner Gayle Wilson to award excellence in published romantic fiction.

Fee:  $30 first book; $25 subsequent books
Deadline:  January 15, 2014
Eligibility:  All published authors of novel-length or novella-length romance fiction
Entry:  Books must have a copyright of 2013. Electronic books may be entered when not available in print. Must provide a copyright page produced by the publisher. Non-subsidy/non-vanity/no self-pub.
Categories:  Historical; Romantic Suspense; FF&P; Contemporary; YA; Inspirational; and Novella (20,000 – 40,000 Words)
Judges:  Avid readers of romance, booksellers, and/or librarians
For More Information and to Enter:  www.southernmagic.org/gaylewilsoncontest.html
Contest Coordinator:  Heather Cover, GWContest@southernmagic.org

6 comments:

bn100 said...

Nice interview

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Mary M. said...

Thank you for the interview, that award sounds wonderful.


emmasmom AT wi DOT rr DOT com

Steph F. said...

I to love Ms. Eden and her books. It's a great contest considering it's judged by actual readers. Great interview and congrats on the wins. :)

fsteph55(at)yahoo(dot)com

Dee said...

her books sound interesting and she is going to be our featured author in one of my goodreads groups in a couple of months - so i'll be looking forward to picking up a book by her

Di said...

I have to pay attention to authors who have won this type of award for their work.
sallans d at yahoo dot com

Naima Simone said...

Thank you, everyone, for visiting and commenting! I hope you enjoyed Cynthia Eden's interview as much as I did.

Soooo, without further ado... The winner of IN THE DARK and IMMORTAL DANGER is... *Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight drum solo*

Steph F! Congratulations! And Merry Christmas, everyone!