Friday, December 20, 2013

Comment to W!N Beth Cornelison's Newest Romantic Suspense!

Author Beth Cornelison with cover model John DeSalvo
Leading up to the deadline for the 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, I checked in with former double category winner Beth Cornelison. Without further ado, here she is now! 

Q. In 2010, you won the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence in two categories. Tall Dark Defender won in the Romantic Suspense Series category, and Healing Luke won in the Contemporary Single Title category. Why did you choose to enter a contest for published writers? 
A. I entered a lot of contests as an unpublished writer, hoping to get on the right editor's desk that would lead to a sale. After publishing, I continued entering for two reasons: getting my books in the hands of readers and general feedback as to how my books were resonating with those readers.  My hope was that saying I was an award winning author would also help boost my 'author cred' for readers unfamiliar with my work. 

Q. What did you gain from entering the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence?
A. Well, two lovely wins!  The giddy little high that comes from the recognition of your work and hopefully, a few new readers!

Q. What are you working on now?  
A. I'm currently working on the last book in a new trilogy for Harlequin Romantic Suspense about three sexy brothers from my fictional town of Lagniappe, Louisiana. Book one in the series comes out in January (The Return of Connor Mansfield) and it is a back-from-the-dead, secret baby, family in jeopardy story. I'll give a copy away to one commenter here today!

Beth Cornelison's latest book could be yours!
 Comment below to be entered in the drawing.   

The Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, sponsored by RWA chapter Southern Magic, was conceived in honor of multi-RITA Winner Gayle Wilson to award excellence in published romance fiction. The contest is judged by avid readers of romance, booksellers, and/or librarians. The winners of each category are awarded a bookmark engraved with the author's name and the book's title. Winners will also be included in a full-page RWR advertisement.
The 2014 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence is now open for entries. Novels and novellas must have a copyright or first printing date of 2013. Self-published works are not eligible. For full contest rules, go to http://www.southernmagic.org/gaylewilsoncontest.html
The winner will be notified on Monday! 

5 comments:

bn100 said...

Lovely interview

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Mary Preston said...

Wonderful to meet Beth here thank you.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Martha Lawson said...

This sounds like a great book! I really enjoyed the interview. Thanks for the chance. I love your books.

mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

Karen Bradford said...

Enjoyed the interview. I would love to have a copy of it.

Chris Bailey said...

Monday sneaked right by! Random picker chose: Mary Preston! Congratulations, Mary--I'm sending you a private email to get details for shipping your book.