Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Comment to WIN 2012 Romantic Suspense Gayle Wilson Winner Adrienne Giordano's Book A JUST DECEPTION

Author Adrienne Giordano
2012 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Winner
      Hi Everyone: 
      I'm so excited to share author Adrienne Giordano's story about her 2012 Gayle Wilson book A JUST DECEPTION winning inthe Romantic Suspense Category. She's a fantastic author and an all around super person whom I've had the privilege to know for over four years. 


      

     Adrienne, you won the 2012 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence in Romantic Suspense with A JUST DECEPTION. Why did you enter the contest?

2012 Romantic Suspense
 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Winner
From the time I started entering contests as an unpublished writer, I’ve always had great luck with the Southern Magic contests. My first three manuscripts were finalists in the Linda Howard Award of Excellence contest so I knew from experience the contests were well run. In fact, in 2011 my manuscript Little Secrets, Big Lies won the romantic suspense category of the Linda Howard Award of Excellence contest. I sold that book in 2011 and it was retitled A Just Deception. The book was published in 2012, so I entered it into the 2012 Gayle Wilson contest. It wound up winning the romantic suspense category. My Southern Magic fun fact is the same book won the unpublished and the published contest in consecutive years! I’m extremely proud of that accomplishment.

      As a former overall coordinator of the Linda Howard Award of Excellence, it warms my heart to hear such high praise about the contest's benefits. It strives for excellence in judging and offers excellent feedback. As a former finalist and winner in 2012, I plan to enter my first published book in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. I know how the Linda Howard benefits it's finalists, but what benefit did you gain from entering the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence?

 I think overall it’s a highly respected contest so it’s a terrific highlight to my resume. J The other benefit is a purely selfish one. In 2012 the other finalists in the romantic suspense category were Brenda Novak, Roxanne St. Claire and Donell Ann Bell. When I saw who I was up against, I was convinced I’d never win. Honestly, I couldn’t believe my name was even on the same list as these amazing authors. As a writer who had faced my share of rejections, it was an incredibly emotional moment for me. I still have the list posted on the wall across from my desk. It’s great inspiration!

That's an impressive list! I'm so glad you have found inspiration for your writing by being a part of this 2012 Romantic Suspense finalists. Tell me, what are you working on now?

I like to keep busy so I have a few things in the fire. I have a new romantic suspense series with Misty Evans about to launch. The first book (Stealing Justice) in the series releases on January 14. It was my first co-written project and I loved the process of working with another author. While working on book two in that series, I’m also working on the first book in a romantic suspense series that is set in Las Vegas. Fun! I also have two Intrigues coming out in 2014. I like to tell people I’m throwing a wide net. J

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Adrienne. I can't wait to read the books you're casting out there, Adrienne. Congratulations again on your 2012 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence win and all the best to you in your writing career! And one lucky commenter is eligible to win a copy of Adrienne Giordano's Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence winning book A JUST DECEPTION. Leave a comment and you're automatically entered to win! 

Bio:
USA Today bestselling author Adrienne Giordano writes romantic suspense and mystery.  She is a Jersey girl at heart, but now lives in the Midwest with her workaholic husband, sports obsessed son and Buddy the Wheaten Terrorist (Terrier). She is a co-founder of Romance University blog and Lady Jane's Salon-Naperville, a reading series dedicated to romantic fiction. For more information on Adrienne's books, please visit www.AdrienneGiordano.com. Adrienne can also be found on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AdrienneGiordanoAuthor and Twitter at http://twitter.com/AdriennGiordano. For information on Adrienne’s street team, Dangerous Darlings, go to http://www.facebook.com/groups/dangerousdarlings.

If you are a published romance author and would like to enter the 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, go to www.southernmagic.org for more information. 



                                                                                                               

10 comments:

bn100 said...

Congrats!

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Louisa Cornell said...

What an awesome story. Definitely coming full circle with A Just Deception, Adrienne! CONGRATS!

donnas said...

Congrats!! Sounds great.

Christine said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Adrienne. I'm so happy that Southern Magic's contests have been so good to you :)

Adrienne Giordano said...

Thank you, everyone. I think it's a great example of how quickly things can turn around in this business. One year I was searching for a home for my books and the next I had three releases!

Mary Preston said...

Congratulations!!! A wonderful achievement.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Adrienne Giordano said...

Thank you, Mary!

Patricia Bradley said...

Congratulations, Adrienne! You've piqued my interest in the contest.

Martha Lawson said...

Congratulations!! Thank you for the chance to win this book. Love the cover.

mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

Christine said...

Congratulations Martha Lawson! You've won Adrienne's book. Thanks for posting a comment and stopping by the Romance Magicians blog.

:-)