Monday, September 02, 2013

Starting The Blog Blast with a New Avon Princess: Codi Gary


We’re starting off this Blog Blast right with the introduction of a new Avon Impulse author.

Codi Gary and I have a few things in common. We’ve been crazy about reading since we were old enough to understand what those squiggly lines meant. We both love candy and The Big Bang Theory. And we were pulled from the slushed pile to become Avon Impulse princesses.  (I have my tiara. See.)
 
And I must say, Bless Her Heart, for when she received the email offering her a tiara, her husband said something about her sounding like a “Howler Monkey on crack” ― her words, not mine. Click here to read her bio.

Now for the fun part: the interview.

  • When did you start writing fiction?

I've been writing since I was around eleven, mostly romantic short stories and horror, but I didn't sit down and get really serious until a January 2012

  • Who influenced your writing the most? Why?

Actually, my best girlfriends do because I miss them so much, so when I'm writing a scene with friends, I think about what they would say or what I would say to them.

  • Who are your top five authors to read?

Julia Quinn, Lynn Kurland, Eloisa James, Rachel Gibson, and Laurell K Hamilton

  • Describe where you are the most productive when you write.

I am at the local coffee show, my angry bird headphones in, and a white mocha in my hand.

  • What is your go-to book to read over and over again?

Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

  • Tell us a little about your current book?

Things Good Girls Don't Do is a contemporary small town romance about a good girl sick of playing by the the same old rules and the bad boy ready and willy to help her take a walk on the wild side. :-)

  • Show us some of your favorite dialogue from that book.

“Thanks, Chase, and of course it was good. I was just telling Mrs. Andrews what a wonderful job you did on my friend Stephanie’s rose tattoo. It’s lovely.”

Chase’s handsome face, with his slim nose, sensual mouth, and dimpled chin, lit up with a wicked grin. His brown hair was short, spiky, and a pair of studs adorned both of his ears. “Then why haven’t you been down to see me, Katie?” He lowered his voice and leaned closer. “I can do something really small and feminine, where no one would ever see it.”

“So that list you wrote was just for fun? Stuff you would never, ever do?” he said as he slid into her chair.

“Yeah, that’s right. Just me being a lightweight,” she said, pulling out her clippers and comb.

“Huh. That’s too bad.” She couldn’t stop her head from jerking up and locking eyes with him in the mirror. “A couple of those items I’d be happy to help you out with.”

Abruptly, her protests stopped as he slipped his hands up and under her jaw to lift her blue eyes to his. “We are two single, consenting adults, and if you want to keep kissing me, let me be clear”—he brought his mouth closer to hers—“the feeling is completely mutual.”
  •  What do you believe makes a man sexy?

Hmm....confidence...scruff...nice eyes...good shoulders and arms....*drool*


I agree with you on the arms especially!  *evil grin*


Thank you, Codi! 

***Codi will be giving away an advance reading copy of KISS ME! (e-format)*** 


Now for the dry but necessary rules. More times that you comment, the more entries you'll have in the drawing. You must be in the U.S. to win as it will be mailed to you. (There will be other prizes during the month eligible for international commenters to win.) Be sure to check back here tomorrow for the announcement of the winner and instructions on how to receive the book. You must follow the instructions before September 30 to receive the book. Void after that date.

In the month of September, we’re celebrating our Romance Readers Luncheon by giving away books and other goodies, including the grand prize of a Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet.  To win the tablet, be sure to comment throughout the month. On September 30, we'll draw from everyone who commented (exception: Southern Magic members and international commenters are ineligible - sorry) and announce the grand prize winner.

If you wish to attend the luncheon, be sure to register and pay before October 27 at southernmagic.org.

When: November 2, 2013, Saturday, 11 a.m.

Where: Harbert Center in downtown Birmingham, AL (free parking)

Who: The keynote speaker is NYT bestselling author Jeaniene Frost! The welcome speaker is NYT bestselling author Christy Reece who also writes as Ella Grace.

Why: We’ll be giving away lots of free books, and you’ll have opportunities to take home a basket full or more. Plus you’ll have a wonderful lunch with a published author. The list of authors can be found at www.southernmagic.org.

Carla Swafford's second book in The Circle series, CIRCLE OF DANGER, won the GDRWA Booksellers' Best Award in Erotic Romance. She's a third generation storyteller and is married to her high sweetheart. You can find out more about Carla's books at www.carlaswafford.com. 

20 comments:

Jamie Farrell said...

Hi, Codi! I have got to check this book out! Sounds wonderful. And Angry Birds headphones? OMG, my children would flip. :) LOVED Romancing Mr. Bridgerton too!

Really great interview, Codi and Carla!

Victoria Poulin said...

Ian Somerhalder has finally responded to rumors that he's a favorite to play Christian Grey's role in Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie..... now director to play .....
Anastasia Steele
Book written by E L james Fantastic....

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Jamie.

Carla Swafford said...

Ian Somerhalder as Grey. Oh, yes! Thanks for stopping by, Victoria.

Codi Gary said...

Thanks for having me, Carla!

And Jamie, yay, I hope you love it! Hahhaha I got the Angry Bird Head Phones at Target for 3 bucks and they are my favorite! So comfy :-)Isn't Colin fantastic? *Sigh*

Shadow said...

Hi! Its wonderful meeting you! Your post was great! Ya all gave me a few chuckles. :) And i gotten say, arms get me too. *sigh* lol Thanks for sharing and congrats on your release!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Kay Thomas said...

Great post, ladies. Congratulations on the new release, Codi! I have Things Good Girls Don't Do all downloaded on my kindle. Can't wait to dive in.

Theresa said...

Thank you for introducing me to Codi through the interview.

Bama said...

hmm... what bribes do you have to tempt me to sit at your table Carla? ;) hehe

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks for coming by, Shadow!

Carla Swafford said...

Hey, Kay! Good to see you here. Codi, look who is here? Kay Thomas! Another new Avon Impulse princess.

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Theresa. Hope you'll come by again.

Carla Swafford said...

Bama, I plan to have some nice goodies at my table during the luncheon. And a copy of my latest book, CIRCLE OF DECEPTION.

Steph F. said...

I am really interested now in reading Things Good Girls Don't Do. I love finding new authors so thank you Suzanne Johnson for spotlighting this. I love Big Bang Theory, I have a nerd crush on Sheldon. I wear my Bazinga shirt with pride. :)

Codi Gary said...

Shadow-Thanks so much for stopping by and the congrats! :-) Arms are delicious!

Kay-My darling! Two months away from your release and we will all sport our Tiarras for ya!

Theresa-Thank you!:-)

Steph- Fantastic! I taught my kids to sing Soft Kitty! :-) Love it!

Carla- It's so nice to have the Avon community! So much love and support@

bn100 said...

Interesting premise

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Michel Reinhard said...

Codi, your book sounds like it is alot of fun and sexy. I downloaded it on release day. Now I am moving it up on my to be read pile.

My favorite go to read is Rachel Gibson. I love Truly, Madly Yours.

I am looking forward to attending the luncheon.

Louisa Cornell said...

Driving by to say Welcome, Codi !! And your hero sounds like my kind of man - WICKED !!

Martha Lawson said...

Hi Codi! Your book sounds awesome, I'd love to read it. Thanks for the chance to win it.

mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

donnas said...

Sounds so good. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading it.