Monday, September 09, 2013

Inspiration

                                                                                                                                       


Welcome to the Southern Magic Blog Blast! I am Larynn Ford and I will be sharing some of my thoughts with you today.

Writers get their ideas and inspiration from many places. Before I started writing in 2009, I mulled over an idea or two about a couple who were separated early in the relationship but found their way back to each other twenty years later. I wanted my book to have a paranormal theme so I chose the Fae for their ability to create or influence dreams.

During one of my first early Saturday morning multitasking sessions including some writing, lots of coffee, music, and bouncing around titles for my fledgling book, a music video started on TV. It was one of my favorite singers, Marty Brown singing Wildest Dreams.

Bam! I had the perfect title. My heroine, Lynzi Lancaster, was experiencing a series of dreams planted in her mind by her long lost love, Layne Brady who unbeknownst to her happened to be Fae. She had no idea why the wonderful dreams began and never imagined they could come true so, In My Wildest Dreams had its title.

The song has a line that goes something like I woke up this morning and caught you watching me sleep. A scene with a twist on that line developed in my mind but instead of the hero waking to catch his lady watching him sleep, she woke to find him watching her. The scene was filed away along with others simmering on the back burner of my mind. One morning it and a couple of other independent ideas joined together and my were-cougar book, Rescued (set for release from Soul Mate Publishing in early 2014) about two PI’s who investigate the disappearances of young people, began.

For me, writing is a chain reaction, one thought leading to another so now a couple of secondary characters from Rescued are plotting their own story. So far six books in various stages of completion can, in one way or another be traced back to the Wildest Dreams video. Here’s the YouTube link. Click to watch the amazing video. Marty has an awesome voice and sings with such passion.

Southern Magic’s annual readers luncheon will be held on November 2, 2013. Last year was my first and I met so many wonderful readers and writers. Click on the link, check out the details for this year, and make plans to join us in Birmingham for the luncheon featuring keynote speaker, New York Times best selling author, Jeaniene Frost. http://www.southernmagic.org/luncheon.html


To celebrate the upcoming event, I will give away copies of In My Wildest Dreams to five lucky folks leaving a comment here today. Be sure to include your email address and I will have Amazon contact you with instructions for downloading your free e-book to your Kindle device. And speaking of Kindle devices . . . one lucky USA commenter will win a Kindle Fire on September 30. We will draw the winning name from all comments made during the month so the more you comment the more chances you have to win. Let us hear from you!

http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Wildest-Dreams-ebook/dp/B00CE3B11I/

Larynn Ford began reading romance in her early teens and became interested in writing in high school. She's a daydreamer and a romantic who is intrigued by the paranormal and loves to let her mind wander, always searching for a happily ever after ending.
At home in East Central Alabama, she began writing in 2009 hoping her dream of publication would one day come true.
In 2010, she joined Romance Writers of America and enjoys her support group, the Southern Magic chapter in Birmingham, Alabama.



6 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Love the story of your inspiration, Larynn! Like you I've had some great ideas and "Aha!" moments come from music. I think it's why for a lot of writers a playlist a must! I think one of my most unusual inspiring moments came from sitting in bible study. My pastor started talking about a scripture in Revelation and an idea started stirring...and stirring. I think that means I'll have to give my pastor credit when I eventually write that story! LOL!

Cool post!

Rashda Khan said...

I'm always looking for inspiration stories and loved how your book came together! Thanks for sharing :)

bn100 said...

Interesting info

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Martha Lawson said...

I would love to be entered to win this one! It looks really terrific. Thanks for the chance.

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

Shadow said...

Hi! Great post! This one sounds awesome!! Loving the cover too! Thanks for the chance to read! :) Have a great day!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Larynn Ford said...

Thanks to all who commented. You are the greatest! Emails have gone out from Amazon and the winners should have access to the e-book now. Enjoy!

Larynn