Monday, July 08, 2013

Promotion v. Privacy


Self-promotion is necessary for most writers. But, its all too easy to post a Facebook status or tweet 140 characters.... Not to mention a blog post here-and-there. ;-)

With the ease and availability of receiving AND transmitting information online, the lines between a writer's private life and self-promotion can be easily blurred.  How do you capture your online audience, that is already saturated with information and constant advertisement, and keep them interested? 

2 comments:

Meda White said...

I'm still trying to capture an audience, Kat. Since I'm not published yet, I always feel that I'm scrambling for topics to blog, tweet, and facebook about. The things I have to write about are my family and pets and I'm always worried I'll say too much.

Kat Jones said...

I am in the same boat Meda!

I've kept my online comments mainly about writing with little mention of my personal life. So I am attempting to bring a little balance without being TMI!