I'm a National newbie, so I've read lots of blog posts on what to expect and hints for how to best navigate the conference. I even managed to come up with something all on my own :)
1. Angela Quarles has a great post of tips for newbies. My favorite: Bring your own water bottle to refill at a drinking fountain and small snacks to help you make it until your next meal.
2. In the comments on Angela's post, Suzanne Johnson recommended getting a rolling tote to help lug all your new books around. I ordered one from Amazon.
3. Someone on the PAN loop posted information about a photographer who takes affordable headshots at the conference. I made an appointment and can't wait to see how it turns out.
4. If you're a Groupon or Living Social member, you may have seen some great deals from Vistaprint. I used my deal to order business cards and cover flats.
5. National is a wonderful opportunity to network, but I am horrible about keeping up with business cards. To help me with this, I've installed Evernote Hello, which will allow me to take pictures of the cards with my phone and save it with a contact.
How are you getting ready for ATL? What is your best tip for getting the most out of National?