Thursday, May 16, 2013

Digging Your Way Out & Swabbing Decks!

Don't you just love digging your way out of things? For instance, I happened to notice today I was supposed to blog here yesterday. Oops!!! Big apology, me hearties! My ship has been filled with much deck swabbing of late. You see, I'm preparing to sail off to adventure on new shores. Yes, it's true! (Pirate!)

Adventures begin with lots of prep work, don't they? Whenever I go on vacation or on a short trip, getting the house ready, getting packed last minute (it's always last minute), and setting up loose ends I end up swab batty. Or is that ratty? Not sure there are bats on a ship. I've heard of bats in the bellfrey. Don't be mistaken, I've got those too. Ships have plenty of rats however. They go for the weavil infested biscuits. Ugh!

But I digress...

In the past month, my youngest deckhand graduated from Auburn University. We helped Second to youngest move home to prepare for a move to Alaska. My edits came in and were due during said trip to help HS#2 move from Fort Bragg. If that wasn't enough to curl a pirate's toes, the proof of said book returned and needed to be turned in on another arranged due date. Whew! (I know something else happened in here but those bats are fluttering around again.)

I blame the bilge rats!!!

And then what to my horizon-gazing eyes should appear? A book cover for me newest release THE ROGUE'S PRIZE, the second book in my Nelson's Tea Series, due out June 24th!!! Let me tell you, I couldn't be more excited and wish I could share it with you here. (If I get it prior to the next blog post, I'll add the BIG reveal!) But until then, I'm raising a mug of rum to my good fortune. Yes, indeedie!!! Couldn't be happier with my book cover. The Crimson Romance Art Department has been mighty obliging.

So as I swab my deck, await THE ROGUE'S PRIZE's book cover and prepare bookmarks and other promotional goodies for giveaways at the Heart of Dixie Luncheon & the Romance Writer's of America Conference, I'll ask you this. If you were stranded on a deserted island with one shot and a jug of rum, who would you want to spend your time with?


Me? Well, that's a no-brainer. I'll settle for Cap'n Jack Sparrow!!!


Second question: If you could only have one signature piece of clothing, what would you choose?

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Those are hard questions.

Okay, we'll pretend that I'm twenty-something and beautiful. That would work.

Person on an island with me: Channing Tatum. He looks like he could take care of things and me. LOL!

Signature clothing: Still twenty-something. Can thigh-high boots be considered clothing? Always wanted to wear something like that but was broke or fat or both. LOL!

Louisa Cornell said...

First of all, Carla you write like you're twenty-something and you ARE beautiful so there!

I think I would have to have Richard Armitage on that island. Even if he just sat around naked and read the phone book it would be paradise.

Signature clothing? Purple stilettos, baby!

Carla Swafford said...

Aww! You're a sweetheart, Louisa!

Naked and phone book...good one. LOL!