Wednesday, May 01, 2013

BLOG TOUR!!!

I was tagged by the fantabulous Christy Reece to participate in a blog tour.  At the bottom, is a list of talented authors I’ve tagged.  Enjoy!

Ahem.  And now for the tour questions:
1) What is the working title of your next book?

Lexi:  Demon Hunting with a Dixie Deb.  Release date 2014.
2) Where did you get the idea for the book?

Lexi:  I was supposed to be writing another book in the demon hunter series, but it just wasn’t talking to me.  One day, as I was walking to the parking deck after work, the title Demon Hunting with a Dixie Deb flashed through my mind and grabbed hold.  It’s the story of blond, perky Sassy Peterson, a gal who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.  From outward appearances, Sassy has it made.  She comes to Hannah to sell the family mill and, thanks to a magical mishap, gets a fairy infusion.  Chaos ensues.
3) What genre does your book fall under?

Lexi:  Southern fried paranormal romance!
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of the characters in a movie rendition?

Lexi:  Hmm, casterbating is hard.  Isla Fisher or Amy Adams for Sassy, and Chris Hemsworth for Grim, my hero.  I mean, have you SEEN Chris Hemsworth???  Sigh
5) What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Lexi:  A perky Southern heiress’ perfect life is turned upside down when she comes to a small town to unload the family mill, gets accidentally fairy-fied, and crosses paths with a hunky demon hunter and a vengeful witch.

6)Who is publishing your book?
Lexi:  Kensington Books.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Lexi:  I am a glacier slow writer.  It takes me a year to write a book.  I know. Pathetic.

8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Lexi:  Hmm, that’s a toughie.  Maybe MaryJanice Davidson and Charlaine Harris, with a little Janet Evanovich thrown in? 





9) Who or what inspired you to write the demon hunter series?
Lexi:  Rejection!  I’d received over 100 no-thank yous from agents on my first project, and was looking for something to take my mind off my writing woes.  The demon hunter series was therapy.

10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
 Lexi:  Demon Hunting with a Dixie Deb is about a girl who, from all appearances, has it made.  But walk a mile in her designer shoes, and you’ll feel differently.  Everybody is broken and everybody has a story.  My rich little debutante is no exception. And there are hunky demon hunters and supernatural woo woo!

Tagging the following authors and friends:
Carla Swafford
www.carlaswafford.com

M.V. Freeman
www.mvfreeman.com

Suzanne Johnson
www.suzanne_Johnson.com

Christy Reece * Ella Grace
www.ellagracebooks.com

Jenna Bennett * Jennie Bentley
www.jennabennett.com


6 comments:

Chris Bailey said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! Can't wait. Debutantes and demons.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Chris! I hope it will be fun. :-)

M.V.Freeman said...

I love, love, love your ideas--and this look MARVELOUS! :D

Louisa Cornell said...

YAY !!! More Demon Hunters! And a debutante and a demon hunter? The sparks are going to fly!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Mary! Love your ideas, too!

Lexi said...

Louisa, I thought it would be a hoot to write!