Monday, April 22, 2013

World Book Night

April 23 is World Book Night.  Each year on April 23, tens of thousands of people in the U.S. go out into their communities and give a total of half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to light and non-readers.  One of my favorite books (Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman) is on this year's list.  What better way to celebrate Shakespeare's birthday? 

How do you plan on celebrating? Is there a special book you would like to share with light and non-readers to spark their love of reading?

2 comments:

Chris Bailey said...

I didn't know about World Book Night! To make a reader out of an indifferent person, I'd pick a book that is easy to read. Depending on the age of the person, I'd go with The Velveteen Rabbit, Charlotte's Web, A Wrinkle in Time, or To Kill a Mockingbird.

Carla Swafford said...

I always ask what type of shows do they like to watch. If they say Supernatural, I pull out a paranormal romance. CSI, then a romantic suspense. Etc.

Which ones? It depends on what is current. It appears the newer release the more receptive they are.