Friday, April 26, 2013

What are you reading?

OMG, my TBR pile is out of control. (That’s ‘in the know’ ‘hep-cat’ lingo for Heavens, my bookshelf is simply bursting with yet to be read tomes!) I thought since I mainly write historicals, I should clarify, but since my daughter accused me of being an out of touch fuddy duddy who didn’t appreciate Nikki Menage’s presence on American Idol, I thought I’d at least try to sound . . . ahem . . . modern. What was that Adam Ant said in his song Room at the Top? An eighteenth century brain in a twenty-first century head. (Oh hell, I just dated myself again.)

shelfFor me, a huge part of being a writer includes firing my imagination with good books. It’s a part of my job I thoroughly enjoy. So, I’ve listed some of the many books I’m reading at one time, no less, and (will probably regret this because it’ll just increase the size of my TBR pile) ask you to comment with what’s on your nightstand?

Naima Simone’s as of yet unpublished, unedited masterpiece, Malachim, in Naima’s Secrets and Sins series. Each book will carry the name of the hero as its title. The first book in the Secrets and Sins series is Gabriel and will be release by Entangled in June. Yep, I got to read it first wenches! Don’t hate me.

Heather Graham’s One Wore Blue. One Wore Gray is right underneath it on my bookshelf.

SK Whiteside’s Vexed. I’m Facebook friends with SK and if the cover alone doesn’t sell you on this book, one of the characters is Isis.

I just finished Lila Dubois’ Undone Rebel and immediately bought Undone Dom. Her Undone Lovers series is guaranteed to set your ereader on fire.

Next in the hopper are all the Game of Thrones books.

Oh, and check out the pic of my (rather dusty) bookshelf! You’ll recognize several of our Southern Magic scribes’ books there.

What are you reading?


About Debra Glass

IMG_0261

DEBRA GLASS is the author of over thirty-five books of historical and paranormal romance, non-fiction, young adult romance, and folklore. The recipient of the National Society of Arts and Letters Alabama Screenwriter Award in 1992, she went on to win the NSAL Empire State Award for excellence in screenwriting. She holds and MAed with emphasis in history from the University of North Alabama.

Debra is a member of Romance Writers of America and the Professional Authors’ Network. She is also a member of RWA’s Heart of Dixie and Southern Magic Chapters.LoverbyChance_final_1600x2400

She lives in Alabama with her real life hero, a couple of smart-aleck ghosts, and a diabolical black cat.

For information about the Skeletons Series or Debra’s Haunted History of the Shoals Ghost Walk Tour, click HERE.

7 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Be still my heart! Masterpiece? Is it any wonder I love you?? LOL!!

Y'know, Lexi George mentioned Game of Thrones, too. I think I might check that out. But what's currently on my Kindle is AJ Nuest's "She's Got Dibs", a really funny, sexy contemporary romance. Has a wounded billionaire! One of my fave heroes!

Also reading a YA I took a chance on called "Crush" by Lacey Weatherford. It's good. I'm enjoying it.

Tipping over the top of my TBR pile--or carousel--is Rules of Engagement by Gina Maxwell, Breaking Her Rules by Katie Reus and Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary. Seriously. I bought it for my daughter and we've been reading it together. It's one of my all-time childhood favorites, and it's so awesome revisting it with my daughter!

Debra Glass said...

Aww, Ramona reminds me of my little one. :-)

Lexi said...

I know I'm woefully behind the curve on this, but I'm reading DARK LOVER by JR Ward. Love Wrath. He's such an alpha. After that, I'm going to tackle the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series, because that's another one I haven't read, and the hubby says it's a good one.

Chris Bailey said...

I'm reading Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood. By middle grade standards, it's historical. It's set in the 60s. Haven't finished, but I'm enjoying the story--a preacher's kid in Hanging Rock, MS, is looking forward to celebrating her birthday at the city pool like always, when the town council votes to close the pool. The reason? Outside agitators are insisting that the pool be open to EVERYONE! Can't wait to get to the end. Loving the 11-year-old heroine who knows wrong when she sees it.

Ali Hubbard said...

When it comes to reading, I definitely suffer from ... my eyes are too big for my, er, brain? And I'm in the mood to splurge!

I've been on a bit of a post-apocalyptic streak - LOVED Skin and Flesh by Kylie Scott.

Frost Burned (Patricia Briggs) and Comfort Food (Kitty Thomas) are on line for tonight. Hopefully, Laurann Dohner's book Moon will be out Tuesday. Love the New Species series!

I have a few Karen Marie Moning Highlander books taunting me from my bookshelf too.

Oh yeah, and I want to write a bit too. haha

S.K. Whiteside said...

My TBR list is out of control. There is ONE book that I would love to read but it hasnt been finished yet ;)

Debra Glass said...

I'm taking the hint, SK!! lol