Friday, February 01, 2013

Aww! Romance!

We all have our own buttons when it comes to what we think is romantic. Maybe a slow kiss. Or the way a hero looks into his heroine's eyes. It even can be a whispered sweet word. *sighhhh*

There are other ways to be romantic. The way a man opens the door for a woman. Takes out the garbage without being asked. Or maybe the way a woman prepares a love one's favorite foods for dinner.

Romance! Love it. It's what makes all things good in the world.

I'll never forget when hubby and I were dating, he called me one morning and told me to look on the sliding glass doors of my den.  There was a beautiful yellow tulip taped to it. I kept a petal of it in my jewelry box for years until it slowly crumbled away.

The month of February is for romance. Of course, it is also Black History Month and American Heart Month.

Are you wearing your red today?  And did you know today is National Wear Red day (for American Heart Month) and if you don't feel like wearing red, then today is also Working Naked Day.  Oh, yes, it is. Don't worry. I'm fully clothed.

Well, in honor of Working Naked Day and to see if your heart is working properly, I hope you enjoy watching the following.  I know I could watch it ALL DAY LONG! 





So tell me, what happened to you that was romantic?

15 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Uh, I'm sorry. What was your question again? After that video I drew a complete blank...

Louisa Cornell said...

There was a question?

Carla Swafford said...

You two....LOL!

Lexi said...

Several years ago, my oldest said, "Mom, do you know how Dad has "home" listed on his cell phone? Under the name Jeanie."

That, to me, says everything!

Carla Swafford said...

Aww! That's sweet. You're so right, Lexi/Jeanie.

Meda White said...

I kept telling myself- Do not get distracted, do not get distracted. I'm on my way to H & M for some Beckham body wear- Thanks Carla! Was there something about romance in there somewhere?

Carla Swafford said...

I should've know better than place a question after the video. LOL! With good reason, he's so happy about his body, isn't he, Meda? LOL!

Louisa Cornell said...

I'm kind of happy about his body too, Carla!!


And that has got to be one of the sweetest things ever, Lexi!


Meda, is Beckham included IN the body wear? If so, my plastic is about to get a workout!

M.V.Freeman said...

Oh.
Beckham.
Oh.

Romantic.

Hmmm.

Beckham.

Let me focus.

Romantic to me is when my husband eyes light up when I walk into the room--no matter what I look like. :) God bless him.

Now, I have to go back to ogling.

Kellie Kamryn said...

Well, okay... I'm at a loss for words with the whole Beckham thing... :)

Tina B said...

Thanks for sharing that yummy video! ;)
In my teens, I had a boyfriend who would write me poetry.

Leigh Evans said...

Any man who tapes a yellow tulip to your door is a definite keeper:-)

Carla Swafford said...

Mary and Kellie, Beckham is something worth staring at, heh?

Carla Swafford said...

Tina, poetry. Love that.

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Leigh. He was 17 at the time and had stolen it from city hall's flower bed. :-)