Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Release Day for River Road!

I'm beyond excited to celebrate the release day for River Road, the second book in my Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series! I'm also kicking off a 30-day blog tour with cool prizes like choice of Nook or Kindle, gift cards, books, books, more books, etc. The URLs of blog stops and prizes will be on my Preternatura blog each day from now through December 15; hope you'll join the fun!

I'm also having a BOOK IN THE WILD giveaway. Send me a photo of the book on a local store or library shelf, and I'll send you a bookmark and one of my character DJ's signature bracelets with magical powers. (Results not guaranteed.)
ABOUT RIVER ROAD: Hurricane Katrina is long gone, but the preternatural storm rages on in New Orleans. New species from the Beyond moved into Louisiana after the hurricane destroyed the borders between worlds, and it falls to wizard sentinel Drusilla Jaco and her partner, Alex Warin, to keep the preternaturals peaceful and the humans unaware. But a war is brewing between two clans of Cajun merpeople in Plaquemines Parish, and down in the swamp, DJ learns, there’s more stirring than angry mermen and the threat of a were-gator. 
     Wizards are dying, and something—or someone—from the Beyond is poisoning the waters of the mighty Mississippi, threatening the humans who live and work along the river. DJ and Alex must figure out what unearthly source is contaminating the water and who—or what—is killing the wizards. Is it a malcontented merman, the naughty nymph, or some other critter altogether? After all, DJ’s undead suitor, the pirate Jean Lafitte, knows his way around a body or two.     It’s anything but smooth sailing on the bayou as the Sentinels of New Orleans series continues.

30 comments:

Roger said...

Release days are a lot of fun. Have read River Road and really enjoyed it. The Sentinels of New Orleans series just got better.

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks for stopping by, Roger! Release days are fun...except mine started out with an hour-long Chamber of Commerce meeting on future parking plans for downtown. I was so bored I almost fell out of my chair.

miki said...

Happy Release day!! i hope it will just go better for you^^

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Miki! At least no more parking meetings today :-)

Teri Anne Stanley said...

OMG, CoC meetings...when you could be online checking your sales at Amazon!!!!? How painful!
I know this is going to do well for you, cause the first one rocked, can't wait to read it!

Suzanne Johnson said...

LOL, thanks, Teri Anne! Yes, the CoC was an absolute snorefest.

SandyG265 said...

I enjoyed the first boo. Looking coward to reading River Road

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Sandy!

Christina K. said...

This series sounds awesome and I LOVE the setting and how you've got all these different creatures:) Also I've heard there's lots of sizzling scenes;)

ccfioriole at gmail dot com

Suzanne Johnson said...

@Christina--thank you! There are some almost-sizzling scenes but the romance is kind of bubbling in the background in this one. Next one? All bets are off :-)

Lexi said...

Happy release day! Gorgeous cover. You rock!

Carla Swafford said...

Congratulations, busy lady!!

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Lexi & Carla--I'm glad to get this one out, finally!

elaing8 said...

Happy Release Day Suzanne.
Sounds like a great book.


elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Cari Hislop said...

Congratulations! You must be one of those people with LOTS of energy!!! Job, writing several series, blogosphering...I take my hat off to you! Amazing!!! I hope your books fly off the shelves into people's hands (not at their heads)- supernatural influences can be SO unpredictable!

Leannessf said...

I just finished Royal Street and loved it! So glad I don't have to wait too long for the next one!

Team Alex all the way!

Thanks for the review and giveaway!
Leanne

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Sandy!

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Cari....LOL. I have a great image of books flying off shelves and inserting themselves into book buyers' hands. Wonder how I could weave that spell?

Suzanne Johnson said...

Thanks, Leanne. Team Alex! Poor Jake and Jean :-)

Readsalot81 said...

Congratulations on the release! I really enjoyed Royal Street and am looking forward to reading River Road!! :)

M.V.Freeman said...

I'm SO late....Suzanne.

CONGRATS!!! on your release! Yes!! Let the celebrations begin! :)

mariska said...

i havent' read any books in the series yet :) looking forward to have the chance !

Happy Release day!!

Suzanne Johnson said...

@Mary--thanks! I'm having trouble keeping up with myself today!

@Readsalot--so glad you liked Royal Street. I think you'll find River Road moves a lot faster and has more humor in it :-)

@Mariska--thanks! I hope you get a chance to read the series !

lrhubble said...

don't guarantee the powers huh? darn. sounds like a great series of books. congrats on the latest release.

Elie said...

Very exciting! I am catching some of the stops now!

Van Pham said...

Congrats on your release! I read Royal Street and really enjoyed it, looking forward to reading River Road!

Tanya1224 said...

Suzanne you are so funny...I can just see you sitting there so bored...lol..it's your release day and your stuck in a meeting..awful...well..I'm excited for you and for myself as well...because now I get to read your book ;) I love your series!
Tanyaw1224(at)yahoo(dot)com

donnas said...

Congrats on the release!!

sienny said...

congrats for book release suzanne! ad i hope the bracelet's magic will really work ;)

Spav said...

Congrats on your new release. I can't wait to read it!