Friday, October 26, 2012

Supernatural Sightseeing


When I travel, I love to visit literary hot spots--places like Thomas Wolfe’s home in Asheville, N.C. The To Kill a Mockingbird courthouse in Monroeville, Ala. J.K. Rowling’s Hogwarts at Universal Studios. 

My bucket list includes visits to the setting of Peter Mayle’s A Year in Provence. To Hemingway’s Paris from A Moveable Feast. To Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon.  

Right now, I need some drivable locations. So I created this map for Alabama day trips that promise possible interaction with real live magical beings. 

Though supernaturals tend to lay low, a few brave Alabama authors have coaxed a handful of dangerous, yet heroic, characters to reveal their stories. 

All you need to do is click on the map locations to plan your adventure. 

View Paranormals Amok--A Guide to Sighting Supernaturals Alabama in in a larger map


You’ll find friendly supernaturals lurking just about everywhere. But their enemies are powerful supernaturals, too, and they’re after the good guys--so sightsee with your eyes wide open.  

15 comments:

Meda White said...

You are so creative. I love it. I can't wait to read those stories. I'm saving up for the luncheon. I assume most will be available for purchase there???

Heather said...

That is crazy awesome. I love this!

Lexi said...

Love seeing my town on the map! What a clever idea. ;-)

Chris Bailey said...

Thank you, Lexi! You're so kind. It started with my last WIP, when I was mapping out my character's imaginary neighborhood. And then all those signs down south for the Alabama Coastal Birding Trail. . . you know how things morph.

Chris Bailey said...

Heather, here's what I can't wait to see on the map: Confirmation of the rumor that the Magic City, so-called because of its rapid growth, had help from four fey founding fathers, who decided Red Mountain would make the perfect stronghold for a fairy kingdom. Here’s hoping you don’t get between the Suits and the Fey!

Chris Bailey said...

Meda,
You will love these books! And yes, you'll be able to buy copies AND get them signed at the Romance Reader's Luncheon Nov. 3. I hope you have your ticket--I heard there weren't many seats left. If you haven't, the info is here: http://www.southernmagic.org/luncheon.html

M.V.Freeman said...

This is SOOO Cool Chris...LOVE IT! :)

Kellie Kamryn said...

Very cool!

Chris Bailey said...

M.V.,
You're so sweet! It's brave, brave authors like you who venture into the presence of novice Elementals (not to mention scary Russians) who make such a tour possible.

Chris Bailey said...

Thanks, Kellie. I hope you've enjoyed these stories--the characters are wonderful.


Sherry Isaac said...

Chris, there is treasure in your own backyard. I just returned from a journey home, and after a Haunted Tour, I see my place of birth with a whole new perspective. Plus I have lots of fodder for future plots. WOOT. So excited, I had to post about it today, and one post wasn't enough.

Perhaps someday travellers will visit the places highlighted in my books. Wouldn't that be something?

Great post, I'll be back.

Chris Bailey said...

Sherry,
Thanks for stopping in!

Louisa Cornell said...

This is brilliant, Chris! I've got to show my brother and SIL as they are amateur ghost hunters. They'll love it! And I am so looking forward to getting your books at the luncheon!

Chris Bailey said...

Louisa,
I also know the truth behind the documented alien sighting in Eva. . .just happened to meet the guy at a dinner party who wrapped himself in foil.

Tina B said...

That's a great idea! :)
Wonderful.