Monday, October 29, 2012

Duke by Day, Rogue by Night Launch Partay

Today is de day!!!  Today marks two firsts for me.  One, I’m happy to say I can now call myself a contributing member to the Romance Magician’s blog.  Woot!!!  Two, my debut release DUKE BY DAY, ROGUE BY NIGHT comes out today!!!  (Raising me mug of rum with a merry smile and a sly wink!)

What a jovial day it is, me hearties!  Years and years of slaving away at the keyboard, instead of toiling as a mealy-mouthed deckhand, have finally paid off.  What began as a research marvel, discovering the tiny detail that Admiral Nelson was never without his tea, became a trilogy I fondly call the Nelson’s Tea Series. Why?  In the early 1800’s when France and Spain were at odds with England, Admiral Nelson was never without his tea.  Yes, even when he was aboard ship barking orders to prepare for a broadside, Nelson took time for a spot of tea every day.  Well, that got me to pondering, like any writer would. One, I love tea.  Two, what if Nelson’s Tea was code for a group of mercenaries, first sons from every walk of life, who used their status in society as a cover for what they really did for England?  Men Nelson could not do without.  Men no one would suspect of being in league with the well-loved Admiral.  Men Nelson could depend upon for secrecy and a promise to defend England until their dying breath.

As a former military brat, military wife and now military mom, I have a fondness for all things military, which means I live by a code that has nothing do to with guidelines and I adore alpha males.  ;)

Because of what I’ve experienced in my life, I have a fondness for swashbuckling adventure and romance.  So it’s not so much of a stretch for me to showcase 3 men who play a pivotal role in this series, Percival Avery, Marques Stanton, future 7th Duke of Blendingham, is a dashing rogue in search of his sister’s killers.  Lieutenant Henry Guffald, British Naval Officer, son of a farmer is a man with a rebellious streak bent on moving his way up the naval ranks.  Garrick Seaton, son of an Earl, member of a smuggling family firmly nestled within the Cornish Coast is a pirate with rakish ways that no woman can tame, or can she?  These men are Rogues, Rebels & Rakes and they coincidentally make up my tagline.  (Pirate!)

Aye, will you join me in a dram of rum?  Today, I’m hosting a cyber partay on Facebook.  (Pirate!)  You can find me at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katherine-Bones-Official-Fan-Page/134578253291785 and https://www.facebook.com/katherine.bone.35?ref=tn_tnmn and on Twitter at: @katherinelbone. 
 
 

To show my gratitude to you all for sharing this day with me, I’ve brought along more pirate booty!  Comment on today’s blog for a chance to win some treasure!  I’ll be choosing one lucky commenter tomorrow (caveat: you must leave an email addy or contact info with your comment in order to win.  Pirate flag not included).
 
 
DUKE BY DAY, ROGUE BY NIGHT can be found at CrimsonRomance.com/ and Amazon.com.  It should also be available soon on B&N, ITunes and Sony.

Here’s a teaser:

Constance Danbury is fleeing an arranged marriage to lecherous Lord Burton, a man who has blackmailed her father and is nearly twice her age. Her escape takes her aboard a merchantman bound for Spain, where she hopes an aunt will help her procure funds to save her father’s dwindling reputation. But fate intervenes. Constance is captured by a pirate with a wit and stubbornness to match her own, and a secret he’ll do anything to keep.

Nobleman Percival Avery is a member of Nelson’s Tea, an elite group whose members are first sons from every tier in society. Undercover, he disguises himself as a pirate to infiltrate the gang of cutthroats responsible for his sister’s death. But when his vessel attacks a merchantman with valuable cargo, Percy is forced to choose between vengeance and saving the life of his commander’s niece, Constance Danbury. Mutiny is sure to obliterate his well-laid plans. It also aligns him with the one woman sure to see through his disguise. Forced to play the fop by day to outwit his enemies, he masquerades as a rogue by night in order to avenge his sister’s death – and to win his true love’s heart.

 Duke by Day, Rogue by Night is a rollicking romp of a pirate romance in the classic style. From ship deck to London ballroom, Katherine Bone’s story is packed with intrigue, and the disguise of her rough and dangerous hero as a town popinjay positively delights.” – Katharine Ashe, author of Captured by a Rogue Lord

“Ms. Bone has weaved a captivating tale of cat and mouse that will keep the reader turning pages long into the night.” – Michelle Beattie, author of Romancing the Pirate

“Katherine Bone is an author after my own heart! Duke by Day, Rogue by Night is a sexy, adventurous romp guaranteed to keep you reading into the wee hours of the night.” – Shana Galen, author of The Rogue’s Pirate Bride

Heat level: Sensual

I’ll leave you with this thought. If you could be a pirate would you have a parrot or an undead monkey?  And, would you wear eyeliner or would you rather have a smoking beard?

19 comments:

Pat Trainum aka P. T. Bradley said...

So excited for you Kathy! Off now to buy your book.

Crystal Lee said...

Your book has found a home on my Kindle, dear friend. Congratulations on your long-awaited release day!!!!
As for me personal pirate preferences, I'll be needin' me parrot and me eyeliner!

Ingeborg said...

Congrats on the release of Duke by Day, Rogue by Night. Sounds like a great read so I have added it to my list.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Katherine Bone said...

Thanks Pat!! And congrats to you on your whopping 3 book deal, girl!!! <3

Katherine Bone said...

Aw, Crystal, lass. I knew you'd choose the eyeliner and parrot. To be sure that's a great combination for you, darhlink!!!

Sending a shout out to one of the greatest CPs ever!!! <3

Katherine Bone said...

Ingeborg, thanks for your congratulations and for leaving your addy. I hope you enjoy the adventurous romp in the book!!!

Katherine Bone said...

Don't forget to leave your addys me hearties!! Pirate booty is not meant to be buried at sea. ;)

Lexi said...

Whoo hoo, congrats, Kathy! Dead monkey for me and eyeliner.

Katherine Bone said...

Muahahaha!!! How did I know the undead monkey and eyeliner would work perfectly for you, Lexi? You should add that to one of your books. LOL!

Thanks for commenting today!

Pamela Mason said...

This sounds like an awesome story - downloading to my Kindle now!!

And you know I loves me a good Pirate Partie with all the bootay... think our Pirate-y stripper will take doubloons?
Enter me to win a Dead Man's Chest and a bottle o'rum:
writermason at att . net

Crystal Lee said...

Ah, me parrot be givin' me grief for not postin' me addy: raventhorn@bellsouth.net. Now to stuff somethin' in that beak o' his...

M.V.Freeman said...

CONGRATS KATHY!!!
WOOOHOOO Throwing confetti! :D

Tina B said...

Congrats on your debut, Katherine!!! It sounds like a wonderful read. I am adding it to my TBR. ;)
If I was a pirate, I would like an undead monkey, I am not too fond of birds. :)
trb0917 at gmail.com

Katherine Bone said...

Aye, Pamela. Ye be a wench who knows pirate-y stripper bootay. The doubloons just be shiny distractions. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing my launch with me!!! (Sorry I didn't respond earlier but we've having Internet issues for a week and when I tried to respond last night, I couldn't access the post.)

Katherine Bone said...

To be sure those parrots have a way with repeating reminders, Crystal!! ;)

Katherine Bone said...

Mary, ye've thrown so much confetti me ship had to weigh anchor. ;)

Thank you for being such a great brainstorming partner and friend!!!!

Katherine Bone said...

Aye, Tina. Them birds be a might frightening especially to Alfred Hitchcock. ;)

Thank you so very much for giving Duke be Day, Rogue by Night a try. I'm flattered you've added it to your reading list!!!!

And thanks for posting!!!!

Tin said...

Wow! Sounds like an interesting story -- will check it out.

Congratulations on the new release!

- khriscc (at) yahoo (dot) com

Katherine Bone said...

Tin, thank you so much for commenting! I'll add you name to the list. I'm getting ready to draw a winner.

I do hope you like Percy and Constance's story!! :)