Monday, August 06, 2012

First Crush

The other night I was surfing the channels and came across an old movie I remember watching many times as a young kid. Tarzan and His Mate with Johnny Weissmuller playing the part of Tarzan.

I do remember having a crush on Boy (later movies). The adopted child of Tarzan and Jane's.

And I loved the tree house and all of the animals. Did I want to live there? No. But I remember swinging on vines in the woods behind my grandmother's house and pretending to be in the jungle.

As I watched, I remembered being fascinated by the lack of clothing. No. Not that way. I will admit I learned to appreciate a well toned body.

Not until Daniel Day-Lewis played Hawkeye in The Last of The Mohicans, did I remember that outfit of Tarzan's.

So who was your first crush in the movies or TV?



7 comments:

Lexi said...

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it will make me OLD! No, seriously, I LOVED those old Tarzan movies! When I got a little older, I fell in love with Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy--both much too short for me. And Daniel Day Lewis totally rocks in LAST OF THE MOHICANS. What a romantic movie! "Stay alive. I will come for you. You stay alive!" Thunk! I faint.

Carla Swafford said...

LOL! I forgot that scene, not the fainting but the Stay Alive! LOL!

Boy, you can tell I was tired when I wrote this post, but I'm glad it still makes sense in all its choppiness. :-)

Chris Bailey said...

Adam on Bonanza. Clint Eastwood. In (of all impossible things, a musical Western) Paint Your Wagon. I also loved Humphrey Bogart and Cary Grant, but not because I'm that OLD! It's because TV was so limited, and my father loved watching the old movies. And in our house, he was the alpha male. What he wanted to watch, we all watched.

Louisa Cornell said...

I agree with Lexi! If I 'fess up to that EVERYONE will know how OLD I am! I loved those Tarzan movies too. And I was a big fan of Davy Jones from The Monkees. I also loved Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek and Adam on Bonanza.


These days I can definitely dream a little dream of Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.

"What are you looking at?"

"I'm looking at you, Miss."

SIGH!

And Gerard Butler in 300 or in Phantom of the Opera rings my chimes.

Carla Swafford said...

ME TOO! I thought Adam was soooo cute. :-) Oh, I had a thing for Clark Gable. You're right, Chris. GONE WITH THE WIND and the Tarzan movies were made before I was born, but such classics that they came back to theater or/and was shown on TV. A lot of the 'old' actors were so manly and hot.

Carla Swafford said...

Louisa, I always went for the goofy guys. Peter was my favorite of The Monkees. Just as Ringo was for The Beatles.

Gerard Butler (wipe mouth) is certainly crush worthy.

M.V.Freeman said...

I almost hate to admit this--my first crush was:

Michael York from Logan's Run.
*I know*
But there was something so cooool about him.

Sigh.

Now I have big girl crushes, like The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)