Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Crimson Romance Author: Rionna Morgan

Rionna is one of my fellow Crimson Romance Author's. She's fun, gracious and sharp. She's quick to smile and if I have a question--she's the one I'm going to! Please give a warm Southern Magic welcome to her!  

Author Bio: Growing up out West, Rionna Morgan followed her love of horses to the rodeo arena and her love of English to the classroom and to writing. She has been looking forward to sharing her stories with you her whole life. Rionna is a founding member of Montana Romance Writers; she reads as much as she can possibly hold, and she loves most of all combining the chilling edge of a knife with the sweet surrender of romance. Rionna shares her home in Missoula, Montana with her husband, her four children and the mountains outside her window. Please be invited to stop by www.rionnamorgan.com --she loves the company.

Thank you so much for having me as a guest on your beautiful site.  It is so classy and professional looking.  I can’t wait to meet all the lovely guests who will stop in.     

n  What genre do you write? Why? Do you write more than one genre?
I write romantic suspense.  I love books, movies, and stories that have the chilling elements of suspense and mystery.  But, I also love that beautiful, sweet kiss that leads to high passion and love that lasts beyond forever.   Ah yes, I agree. ;)

Currently, I don’t write in more than one genre.  I love paranormal.  I keep hoping that my Muse will help me come up with a great idea! I understand that--I keep hoping I have a contemporary in me...so far nuthin'. But who knows, I bet you'll be surprised.

n  When do you write? (Night, morning, when you can...)
I am a midnight writer.  I began this habit while in college.  I have tried to work during the day, but I have four kids, three under the age of 9.  So daytime work is devoted to them.  I also feel like the middle of the night is a bit more freeing…I rarely have that mythical editor standing on my shoulder.    Oh my, four under the age of 9. I'd lose my mind. You have my respect. I can write until 11 but to late I'm toast--but I understand why and when you write. Very cool.


n  What is the easiest for you write? The Hardest?
The easiest elements for me to write are those awesome scenes that happen in my head like a flash or segment from a movie.  I am lucky in that most of the book is written that way.  I am just the record keeper.  You are very lucky-! Maybe if I stand next to you that will happen to me....lol Show's that your subconcious is very well developed. :)

The hardest elements for me to write are those that the characters throw in themselves as I’m recording what they’re up to.  For instance in my next book—Judge Thyself First—there is a sign language scene that I did not intend to be, but my characters did.  Then I had to go back in the book and plant the seeds for its existence.  Wild!  But, I love it. Oh, I love those moments too. Very interesting about the sign language.  

n  What is the hardest thing about being published? The fun part?
The hardest thing about being published is trying hard not to be overwhelmed.  There are so many great things happening in publishing right now.  I feel like all of us who are involved are part of this great revolution.  In a way this is the most fun as well.  Knowing that the world of publishing is changing more in these next years than it has in the last two centuries.  Amazing!  …and we’re a part of it.  It is--but very time consuming. I'm on the look out for a minion. You are very adept at handling all of this and so I watch how you do things with great interest!  

n  What do you love to read? Is it different from your genre if so why? If not--what books have you read recently you enjoyed?
I love to read romantic suspense.  Nora Roberts, Brenda Novak, Lisa Jackson, Linda Howard….  I love these ladies!!  Jayne Ann Krenz, Catherine Coulter.  Jeez!  How exciting!!  The book I’ve read recently that I absolutely love is a paranormal by Heather Graham.  Wow!  She is really great at setting a scene and following through. You have a great reach of what you read and it crosses many genres--I think that is so important. I'll have to check on Heather Graham.  

n  Do you have another book coming out? If so when? Small blurb.
I do!  November with Crimson Romance.  The book is called Judge Thyself First.  In it a profiler and an investigative reporter uncover a decades old murder at an Alabama prison.  Now that intrigues...mainly because I live in the south. And I love old murder mysteries.  

n  What other projects are in the works?
My current work in progress…is about an artist who stumbles across a murder scene with a fairy tale twist.  Oooh, fairy tales...you know you can put some paranormal in here...Just helping the ol' muse along... :-)  

n  Finally--Coffee or tea?
Coffee in the early morning because I love the smell.  It reminds me of the early mornings of winter, going out to feed the horses and chasing the chilling frost from the air.   Yes! Awesome.

Tea in the evening.  There is nothing like the warm, organic scent of Earl Grey with a little sweet and a little cream to help the day drift away into night.  I do the same thing! Wonderful. ;)

M.V. Thank you for inviting me here today!  I have had such a wonderful time.  

All the Best,
Rionna

Thank you for coming Rionna, it has been a pleasure. Please check out her book below and read the exerpt.
I hope you can come again!

The Wanting Heart, released, July 9, 2012 by Crimson Romance.
“The Wanting Heart is a sexy, intriguing, modern-day western romance.  A fun summer read.”  -- Kat Martin, New York Times Best Selling Author
Katherine White, a barrel racer from Colorado, lives in a fast-paced world where rhinestones shine, hooves pound, and dreams come true.  She plans on winning World Champion Barrel Racer and being with her friends until she graduates from college.   
She doesn’t plan on the man who broke her heart strolling back into her life.  She doesn’t plan on finding solace in a charming stranger’s smile or falling victim to his knife.   
Blake Spencer, the man who broke her heart, is all cowboy—from the hat on his head to the dust on his boots. He thought it’d be easy, coming back to town, bowing his head a little, saying he was sorry, and all would be forgiven.  But what he didn’t know, what he didn’t plan on, was that the girl he thought he loved had become the woman he couldn’t have. If he doesn’t succeed in changing her mind, it won’t only cost him Kate’s love—it will cost Kate her life.

Will Kate survive the stalking of a serial killer and find what her heart truly wants?
 
    “It’s late, Blake.  I’m tired.” Kate said.
“Not too tired to be kissing that city feller.”  Blake could’ve kicked himself.  He wanted to talk to her not fight.
“That’s none of your business.  You have no right to be spying on me.”
“I wasn’t spying.  I was watching Cathy.”
Kate stepped into the full light.  “Well, you should have taken her home and been on your way!”
Seeing dark circles beneath Kate’s eyes, Blake studied her.  He saw sadness and fatigue.  “Jesus, Kate.  Did you drive home last night?  Have you even been home?”
“What do you care?”
Blake grabbed her arms.  “Are you trying to kill yourself?”
“No.  I’m living my life.”
“I’ll tell you what you’re doing.  You’re going home and going to bed.”
“Don’t use that range boss voice on me.  You have no right.”
Blake couldn’t listen to another word.  Holding her body, even in anger, was too much for him.  Her words were crushed against her mouth as his lips covered hers.  He lifted her off her feet, molding her body to his.  She’d been nineteen the last time he kissed her.  Her body had grown and filled out since then.  But, he wasn’t thinking of that.  He wasn’t thinking of anything, but how damn good it felt to just hold her, kiss her.  Begging for her surrender, he stroked his hands over her hips, up her back and fisted them in her hair.

Please be invited to visit my blog to Enter to Win a Piece of Montana!
I can be found at the following locations.  I enjoy the company so please stop by! 

25 comments:

Debra Webb said...

Great interview!

M.V.Freeman said...

Thanks so much Debra! ;)

Rionna Morgan said...

produif 38What a wonderful, fun interview! I love our interaction. So clever! Thank you so much for your lovely compliments. I am honored to share such a great friendship with you.

All the Best,
Rionna

Ia Uaro said...

How exciting Rionna. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. And best wishes for that WIP!

marja said...

Wonderful interview, Rionna. Your latest book sounds like my cut of tea, and so my To Be Read stack will grow once again.

Gerri Bowen said...

I enjoyed your interview, Rionna!

Irene Preston said...

Great interview!

I'm a midnight writer, too. The only exception is if I do a writing "event" like a meet-up or retreat. I'm not sure if it's because that's the only time I don't have interruptions, or if I just procrastinate that long!

Musing Sallie said...

Hey Rionna! You mentioned The Wanting Heart is the first novel you wrote. Did you write Judge Thyself before or after you were contracted with Crimson?

Heather said...

Great interview - Thanks Rionna and Mary!

Mary K. Norris said...

Great Interview Rionna! I have to say that I'm the opposite when it comes to when I write. I'm a morning writer all the way. If I don't get it down early then my brain starts getting overwhelmed with other stuff!

Rionna Morgan said...

Ia Uaro,

Thank you so much for stopping in! So nice to see you today. I am enjoying myself--thank you for being a very nice part of that! Thank you for the well wishes! I will use them wisely.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Marja,

So nice to meet you! You made my day, and I'm so happy to help build your -to be read stack-awesome!

May romance grace your day...and a little mystery too!
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Gerri Bowen,

You are just lovely! Thank you so much for stopping by!

And thank you for the very nice compliment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

All the Best,
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Irene,

So funny! A lot of the time I have to storyboard an idea all day...then at night I am ready to go!

Thank you so much for stopping by! You always make me smile. :)

Have a beautiful day.
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Musing Sallie,

Thank you so much for stopping in!

Great question as always! Both THE WANTING HEART and JUDGE THYSELF FIRST were written and ready to go before I contracted with Crimson.

I hope you have a fantastic day!
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Heather,

I just dropped by your site--I love the photo--so intoxicating. All the lights and beauty of the night skyline.

It is so nice to meet you! Thank you for spending some time here today.

May all the best be there for you!
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Mary K. Norris,

My brain is not really awake until 10:00 a.m. I can all sorts of wonderful conversations and interactions. But, 10 seems to be the magic hour. So there is no way I'd be able to write in the morning! Yikes...that would be scary. hee hee

Thank you so much for stopping by! Good to see you.

Have a great day!
Rionna

M.V.Freeman said...

This has been fun! Thanks so much Rionna for coming by. I will have you back again soon!

PT Macias said...

Hi Rionna, awesome interview.
Patricia ♥

PT Macias said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.V.Freeman said...

Glad you stopped by Patricia! ;)

Jake said...

Will give a look to see if my cuppa. Interview was most revealing. Thank you both for your efforts.

M.V.Freeman said...

Thanks Jake! I am glad you stopped by! ;)

Rionna Morgan said...

Patricia,

Thank you so much, lovely lady for stopping in! And thank you for the compliments. :)

I hope you have a beautiful day!
Rionna

Rionna Morgan said...

Jake,

So nice to meet you. I am pleased to share this with you. M.V. is great!! I've had so much fun!

All the Best,
Rionna