Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Games

Everyone appears to like this game, and we haven't played it in a long time.

Go to page 181 and the first sentence of the first full paragraph and type it in. Then give us the title of the book and author, if not yours. This can be the one you're reading or writing.

If you're writing and not that far into the WIP, then it can be the first sentence of the last paragraph you wrote.

For me, I'm reading in-between writing proposals.

"I can't believe you put collars on human beings," Zach said with renewed disgust.  THE SIREN by Tiffany Reisz. 

This book is certainly not for the faint of heart.

Your turn!

10 comments:

Arlene Hittle said...

Ignoring his headache, Dave levered himself out of the plane seat.

From my WIP, Diva in the Dugout

M.V.Freeman said...

All right...this is fun here is mine, I just finished reading this:

There was a second of gasping, horrible silence, and then he hit her back.
--"Unholy Ghosts" by Stacia Kane

Well. Makes ya wonder what happens next....

Alicia Coleman said...

How was she going to extract herself from him without offending him?
"Born of Night" by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Carla Swafford said...

Diva in the Dugout...love that title. That alone grabs my attention! :-)

Carla Swafford said...

I can imagine he'd told her something shocking. LOL! Thanks for paying along, Mary.

Carla Swafford said...

Thanks, Alicia. SHERRILYN!!!

Louisa Cornell said...

These are all so neat! And Dive in the Dugout is a great title!


Here is what I found on the book I am revising. (Yes, I am writing one book and revising another. INSANE!)


from page 181 of The Price of a Gentleman


“You must decide how we are to go on,” he continued. “I will do whatever you wish. We can hide in the shadows or we can scandalize them all with our heads held high. Barclay says just because they hand you a cloak of shame doesn’t mean you have to wear it.”

Chris Bailey said...

Oh, Louisa, that makes me laugh!

Carla Swafford said...

Louisa, I so can't wait for that book to be published.

Suzanne Johnson said...

"He closed his eyes, and his chest rose and fell beneath her."

From my WIP, Omega. First sentence of the last paragraph. Nope, not a love scene. H & H are trapped in an underground air pocket after an explosion. She's pinned, lying on top of him. Hey, I'll do whatever it takes to get these two together. You don't cooperate with me, I'll throw a grenade.