Sunday, April 08, 2012

Renaissance Men


Release Date 6/5/2012
One thing that’s been surprising to me after my first book was published is the number of men who are willing to read it. It is a romance. So far I know of two men who have read it or they said they did. And a couple others are claiming to be reading it or plan to read it. That’s cool.


Available Now
No, I didn’t ask them about the hot scenes. Funny thing is I like hearing what the women think about them. Usually, that consists of “Oh, wow! That was hot!” But I would feel a little uncomfortable discussing any aspect of those scenes with a man besides my husband. Now if I could get him to read it (NOT!), I’d gladly talk about them.

Does your husband, boyfriend or special male friend read romances?  I think men who do are very smart.

6 comments:

Lexi said...

Although my husband prefers science fiction and fantasy, like GAME OF THRONES, he is very eclectic in his tastes and has read a few romances, including mine! Not his preferred genre, though. Not enough killing in romance, I think. He is a Viking!

Oh, and this is funny. I showed him a sex scene from one of Shannon McKenna's books one time, and I think he as a little shocked. LOL

Carla Swafford said...

I understand totally, Lexi. My husband doesn't read anything more than the newspaper. And it's a good thing as he's so much the prude. Whenever someone mentions how hot my books are, I expect him to stick his fingers in his ears and hum.

Lexi said...

I know what you mean. And my poor children are beyond embarrassed that I have THOSE scenes in my books! They must think they were grown in a petrie dish. Hee hee.

Rashda/Mina Khan said...

My husband is my first reader and he loves reading my hot scenes...which leads to other things! :D

Carla Swafford said...

Rashda, just as he's a lucky man to have you, you're as lucky to have a man open to reading romance. :-)

Carla Swafford said...

Lexi, thankfully my girls love freaky people out about my special 'talent.' In fact, the oldest is one of my beta readers. LOL!