Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time Passes Soooo Quickly

In two days I will pass another milestone, age 61. I look back and see just how blessed I've been. Many trials and heartaches, but many more joys and triumphs. With two days to go I'm reviewing the past 12 months. My wife and I survived the April 27th tornadoes unscathed. In August I experienced both a great achievement, having my first book MIRRORED accepted for publication by Astraea Press. Then the sorrow of my wife of 39 years needing a hip replacement. Over the next 8 weeks my wife Christine and I road the rollercoaster of her good health/bad health. Her cerebral palsy won the battle and now she will live in a nursing home the rest of her life. Christmas brought another round of the good and the bad. Good news was that Astraea Press released my book on December 30th. The bad new was that an unlicensed driver rear ended me on Christmas day. The insurance is still working on that. Easter is approaching and I will take my wife out of the nursing home for a few hours to go to church and then out for Easter dinner. Two great joys await me in May. On May 5th Heart of Dixie is having their Readers Luncheon and I'll be hosting an author table. Then on Sunday May 6th Christine and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. As you can see, I'd rather remember the good things in life. They are what makes getting older worth while.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen Quigley said...

That's life - a constant array of ups and downs. I learned this the hard way when my mother passed away last fall. You are right though. It is better to remember the good things in life.

Lexi said...

Happy early birthday, Fred! I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's health issues, but I know you are both thrilled at your writing success! Blessings and happiness to you both.

Rashda Khan said...

Happy Early Birthday! Wishing you all kinds of wonderful.

public liability insurance cost said...

interesting! although I have no expert, but I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information. Keep it up!