Monday, January 23, 2012

Having Fun With a Theme

This is a new year and I have two new venues to attend. My novel MIRRORED has been released in both (e) and paperback formattes. Just a mear five months ago I signed my publishing contract. Things are moving fast. On Sat. Feb. 4, 2012 I will be on a panel at Murder in the Magic City at the Homewood library. The next day Sat. Feb. 5, 2012 I will be a panelist at Murder on the Menu at the Wetumpka Civic Center.

Over the holidays with all the health problems in my family, I came up with a joke. As a writer it was easy to follow a theme. Just to exercise your creating process, try this yourself and see how much fun it can be.

JOKE: The other night I got a call from a couple of old buddies, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam. They wanted me to go out drinking with them. I told them I was too tired and that I had to get up early in the morning to go hunting. I wanted some shots of Wild Turkey. The queen came by wearing her Royal Crown, but the Captains's language was too spicy. At the end of the day I was left with some Old Crow.

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Well, Fred, that was different. I guess it's a guy thing. LOL!

Louisa Cornell said...

Definitely a guy thing. LOL