Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year

It's 2012 folks!!! New year, new goals.

Last year was busy and came with some very unexpected changes in my life both good (including my wonderful sixteen-year-old niece becoming a member of my household) and bad (no need to revisit the bad). Admittedly, writing fell to the background and I did not meet my goal of finishing a book in 2011. In fact, I came no where near that goal.

Disappointment is definitely a word I would use to describe my 2011 writing year. It left me doubting and questioning my commitment, which I expressed regularly on this blog.

But, alas, I've figured out life happens. It makes me no less of a writer. It makes me no less committed to the ultimate goal of telling stories.

So, don't doubt yourself. If your 2012 ends up like my 2011, don't give up. Write when you can and know that, eventually, you will achieve your goal!

Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Happy New Year to you too. May 2012 be productive for everyone!

Christine said...

Life does happen and it's okay to take a break to focus on "life." May 2012 be YOUR year!!

Best!

Lexi said...

Keep on keeping on, chicka! You have great ideas and you will get there. I have faith in you. May this next year bring you many blessings, including time to write. ;-)

Kat Jones said...

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I hope you all have a wonderful & blessed new year as well. May it be filled with plenty of writing time too! :-)

Cari Hislop said...

The last day of 2011 I said good-riddance! Glad I had it (a bad year is better than being dead) but I'm way glad its over. At least I got two stories nearly done (if nothing finished), my book sales increased and I got to spend two week adveture with my sister. It wasn't all bad!

I have high hopes that in 2012 I will be healthy and productive. That's the hope! :)

Chris Bailey said...

Kat, sounds like we have some common ground. I discovered this year that I am a part-time writer with a full-time job facilitating family life. Here's to a fulfilling 2012!