Friday, December 16, 2011

Yay~ I Survived My Launch Month

THE DJINN'S DILEMMA has been out a little over a month and I'm feeling like this:


Or rather that's what I want to be doing...until Jan. 1.

My first launch has been a thrilling rush and exhausting. Love, love, love having my story out and seeing the cover on Amazon, B & N and Goodreads.


I had a lot of fun tweeting, blogging, and getting interviewed, but I'm plumb tired. The two best things to come out of this experience:

1. I realized I'm truly blessed with wonderful friends, who support, encourage and sustain me.

2. Reader notes. I love to receive notes from people who read my story, to know that my writing touched other hearts.

However, now I'm ready to move on, ready to rest and rejuvenate. The third djinn book is like toddler demanding attention. I find myself wanting to shut out the world and spend some quality-time with this story...but I can't.

It's the holiday season and there's school programs to attend, a whirlwind of parties, getting the house ready for Christmas and travel. Taking deep breaths and reminding myself -- balance. Life is about balance.

So how do you find balance?

9 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Oh, it's hard. So much to do and so little time. Sleep is over rated anyway. LOL!

JoAnn said...

I got nuthin! I have no balance in my life -- I just bounce from one anxiety to another! :-) Merry Christmas!

Rashda Khan said...

Hi, thanks for visiting! My Greek dinner party went well -- company was great & food devoured. After the guests left, enjoyed dimming the lights and admiring the Christmas tree. Merry Christmas!

Chris Bailey said...

Balance? What's that?

Suzanne Johnson said...

Balance...seems like I heard of that somewhere. But I haven't seen it! As I realized today while complaining that I had to stop writing and decorate the Christmas tree. Bah humbug! But congrats on surviving launch month!

Heather said...

You handled the quick pace of everything with such grace - for those of us juggling balls in the air that keeping pounding us in the head, what is your best advice? You have made your first publication seem graceful and effortless - I MUST know your secrets. Seriously. If you don't tell me, I will bring 20 cats to your house to extract a confession. Spill, sister. Spill.

Rashda Khan said...

Lol, Heather! You always make me smile :) And that's the secret...surrounding yourself with friends & family who will talk you down the stress tree!

Also, letting go of the things u can't control and giving your best to what you can helps too.

But most of all, it's important to remember why you started writing in the first place.

Thanks for the kind words!

Fred Arceneaux said...

Give yourself a break until Jan. 2nd. You deserve it. Then go give your attention to that 3rd book that keeps screaming for attention. A brain that's too tired never writes well.

Cari Hislop said...

I love the picture of the kitten! I wish I felt like that. I'm going to go to bed early tonight and hopefully wake up without a stiff neck and get some work done tomorrow...hopefully.

Congratulations on your launch!!!