Saturday, December 24, 2011

T'was the Night Before Christmas

On this Christmas Eve I think back to when my 29 year old daughter (Noel Eve) was only 2. For several years I would read the story T'was the Night Before Christmas to her. The Christmas of her 10th year she told her mother and I, she figured out who Santa realy was and didn't want the story read anymore. Flash forward 10 more years when her mother and I were packing to move from Florida to Alabama while Noel stayed in Florida attending college. Noel asked me to read her the Christmas story in June just before me drove to Alabama. We told her that the book was lost. Noel cried for two hours.
This year Hallmark has an audio book you can record your voice on reading the story. Yes, you're ahead of me. I bought one and recorded the story, mailed it to her and a few days later Noel called me crying tears of joy as she listened to her Dad read her the story out of the book.

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

What a beautiful story. Plus I love her name. Merry Christmas, Fred.

Louisa Cornell said...

Now THAT is an awesome gift !!

Cari Hislop said...

That is so lovely! I spent my Christmas missing my grandparents who've both passed on. I wish I had their voices on tape...even if they were just telling me to eat my Christmas dinner slower or to stop asking the same question over and over. What a lovely gift!!!