Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A WHOLE BAG OF UH UH UH, OR WHAT MAKES A HERO SEXY

I recently blogged at www.geekybloggersbookblog.com about what makes a demon hunter sexy. Here is my take on the subject:

HOW TO MAKE A DEMON HUNTER SEXY


Start with a strapping, six foot plus alpha male warrior.

Inject him with logic and a literal viewpoint of the universe. Replace sense of humor with an unwavering purpose and devotion to duty.

Load him up with muscles and super strength. Give him a pair of bedroom eyes, a smoke and whisky voice that would tempt a saint, and a body so perfect it would make a male underwear model shriek with envy.

Throw in the face of an archangel.

Endow him with superior strength, a bag of tricks (like invisibility and a built in translator), and several thousand years’ experience in warfare and the hunt.

Give him a magical weapon to use on demons and a different sort of ‘magical weapon’ to use in the bedroom.
Plant him in the Deep South and proceed to bewilder and confuse the heck out of him by having him fall in love for the first time in his eons’ long existence.

Throw in chaos, danger, lots of lust, and add a bunch of zany.

Sit back and watch the fun.

***

Here are some of the responses made by readers about what qualities make a demon hunter (or any alpha male) sexy. The numbers indicate how many responded with a particular trait.

He knows how to use his . . . er . . . magical weapon (2)

Magical abilities (1)

Domestic abilities, most important being the ability to cook (7)

Tough guy in a fight, but gentle with his woman (17)

Glowing eyes (1)

Lithe (1)

Take charge attitude (2)

Drop dead gorgeous (4)

Hot, muscular body and kissable mouth (9)

Sexy eyes (3)

Loyal and honorable (2)

Sense of humor (5)

Mind reading ability (1)

Dark and tormented (1)

Mysterious, but an open book behind closed doors (2)

Great massage and foot rubber extraordinaire (1)

Snappy dresser (1)

Intelligence (1)

Confident, but with an Achilles heel

Courage

Tattoos and a big package. (Although not, I presume, ON his package—Yeow!) (2)

Nice manners (1)

Wears glasses, i.e. like Superman and Clark Kent (2)

Charm (1)

Bad boy who struggles to do the right thing (2)

Sexy accent (3)

Protective (3)

What qualities do YOU think make an alpha male sexy?

9 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

The wearing glasses I found rather interesting for people to chose. Hmm. I know I think my husband is sexy when he wears his.

Lexi said...

I know, Carla! It surprised me as well. I was also amused at how many women named cooking/domestic abilities as sexy. I know few things make me happier than when my hubby cooks for me. (It's a rare treat!)

Cari Hislop said...

The men I've fallen for (my husband especially) tend to ignore the alphabet all together. They're all insanely individualistic Goblins who sneer at men who bother with hierarchies or perceived power, but the Alpha male characters who've made me think; hmmm...tend to be stoics with iron self control. I've always found self-control really sexy. His eyes are fire, but he turns and walks away! Yummy! I can also happily leave my Christmas presents wrapped under the tree well into January! I find waiting and wondering as pleasurable as opening my packages. ;)

Lexi said...

Ooh, Cari, I love the way you said that! "His eye are fire, but he turns and walks away." Me likey!

Suzanne Johnson said...

Hm...I like it when the alpha males are extremely annoyed by--and frustratingly turned on by--run-ins with extremely strong-willed heroines. The taking and giving of power in a relationship is sexy!

Louisa Cornell said...

I love the sort of hero who does everything he can to protect the heroine, even and especially when she doesn't need it, but when she falls apart and is hurting he is completely helpless. There is something very sexy about the guy who is so upset by a crying woman he can't think what to do, except to go out and kill whatever made her cry.

Chris Bailey said...

The hero who thinks the heroine is the sexiest thing he's ever seen--and won't give up until she's convinced he's the man for her--does it for me. Could he possibly be so smitten that he's willing to listen to her? That would be endearing.

Lexi said...

Yes, Louisa, it is sexy when they don't like it when the heroine cries!

Lexi said...

Chris, I like a man who knows what he wants and goes after it!