- You know for a fact that your Aunt was married twice, not once. Even though she tells everyone the opposite.
- Cousin George really does have a sixth toe.
- Grandpa keeps a flask of whiskey in the cushion of his chair and drinks it when he watches the game.
- Your mother's secret recipe involves only a simple boxed cake mix and cream cheese.
- Your uncle did not go out of town for a week, he was in jail for public intoxication and no one would post the bond.
- Grandma farts loudly in public and blames whoever is standing next to her. This is why your nickname is "Pooter"
- Your cousin is actually your brother....*gasp*
Our characters in our stories and their families all have secrets. Even if you don't know them. They are what motivate our Heroes and Heroines. They help in the conflict and create the tension that leads to interesting things.
What kind of secrets personally and family wise do your characters have? Do you ever reveal them or just keep them internal? Are some funny ones or scary?