Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Week And Counting

Some mornings I have to pull up Amazon or Barnes and Noble to see if it was a dream. I'm always surprised and delighted to find out it's true. I do have a book coming out a week from today. On my blog, I started the celebration by showing pictures of who best represents the characters in my book. So I thought I would share one of them here.

Vin Diesel is who I imagine as a secondary character, Jack, who appears in Circle of Desire (coming out 10/18) and again in Circle of Danger that comes out next year. I'm hoping all goes well and his story is the fourth book (keeping fingers crossed that Avon Impulse will want more from me). My editor already asked that I make the third book (they haven't bought yet) a certain other secondary character (Rex) she really liked. She has good taste by the way.


I usually have an actor in mind when I write my books. Helps me fill in physical traits (Jack has a shaved head, tats and piercings), though the character traits are from my imagination.

Then be on the look out for my blog tour that will start with an interview on Christine Glover's blog, Digging Out of Distraction.  I do know during the tour, I will be giving away two $25 gift cards. [10/17 Note:This was changed on 10/15 to 1 $25 Amazon card and 3 $10 B&N cards - one per winner] One from Amazon (provided by Avon Impulse) and another one from Barnes and Noble (provided by me). I may have some more surprises, so be on the look out on my blog and website.

OCT. 17 -- Among The Muses
OCT. 18 --
Readers Girls

OCT. 19 --
Black Velvet Seductions
OCT. 20 --
Heart of the Dragon's Den
OCT. 21 -- I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read

Special requested dates:
OCT. 16 -- Christine Glover's
Blog

OCT. 24 -- Patricia Preston's Blog
OCT. 25 -- Christy Reece's Blog
NOV. 11 -- Mary Freeman's Blog - Blame It On The Muse


Don't let me hang out there by myself. PLEASE. And if you would like me to be a guest on your blog, just click on my website link above and email me (you will find it under CONTACT ME). Blogspot said spammers are bad about picking up email addresses off posts. But links must not have the problem. 

So what is the question I would like to see answered in the comments? What actor have you imagined as the hero in one or more of your books?

P.S. Paula and I switched blog days.

16 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I do that all the time. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready for my book launch next Monday and I did 4 pages of posts on my new blog for characters. It's a lot of fun. Although I write Regency, so I go to BBC a lot for my people.

My favorite actor so far has been Damien Lewis from The Forsythe Saga. He's so yum. And Laurence Fox in Becoming Jane.

Carla Swafford said...

Anne, what is your blog address? I'll check it out. :-) I have a feeling others would enjoy it too.

RedPeril said...

Oh, I love to assign actors to my character cast! I just have to be careful, as it can be a huge time-sucker looking for proper headshots and video I think fills the representation best. (I like to do character sheets--they help me keep in the character's head.)

It took me months to find the right fit for my current heroine. I needed a tough Latina girl, and nothing seemed to fit her disposition. Then, lo and behold, I found her--while flipping through the channels one day and landing on Wrestlemania. >.< http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/File:Melina_Perez_4.jpg

It's amazing when and where inspiration sometimes strikes.

~Angela Blount

Lexi said...

Although I don't really base my characters on any particular actor, I save man candy photos to look at for inspiration. ;-)

Carla Swafford said...

Angela, Wrestlemania is a perfect place to find kickbutt heroines and heroes.

Carla Swafford said...

Oh, yeah, man candy. My mouth is filled with sweet "teeth". LOL! That sounds a little kinky, doesn't it?

Rashda Khan said...

WooHoo! Almost there Carla! Enjoy every moment :)

I'm with Lexi, I love looking at ManCandy photos for...inspiration & work. Yup, that's it. ;D

Carla Swafford said...

And two weeks later is yours, Rashda!

Louisa Cornell said...

I am so excited for you, Carla! I can't wait to read your book!

I always keep a notebook for each book I write and I always have pictures of actors or models I envision as my characters.

The heroine of my WIP I visualize as a young Kate Winslett. And my hero is a model. I found the photo on The Goddess Blogs and I need to check because I don't remember his name! I just remember he is DELICIOUS!

Alicia Coleman said...

I also use models or actors to give me a feel for how my characters look. In my present WIP, I'm using Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds as my main male character and Gary Dourdan from one of the CIS shows (can't remember which)as a secondary character. BTW, I'm very excited about your new release.

Carla Swafford said...

Oh, Louisa, you need to post him here sometime.

THANKS!

Carla Swafford said...

Oooo, Alicia, you've got good taste. Shemar Moore is so sexy.

Cari Hislop said...

When I was a teenager I used to babysit for a married woman who had a nearly life size poster of Tom Sellek on the inside of her pantry closet door. It seemed incongruous compared to the man she married.

In my teens all I could see was Tom's mustache which I didn't like. Roll on 20 years - this past week I've been watching Charlies Angels on Youtube and there was a link to some Magnum PI blips so I clicked on them for a laugh. I sat there in shock as I realized one of my heroes looks just like Sellek (minus the mustache and with black hair). I wasn't looking for that one! I'll be ordering a Magnum PI series this week. I won't be putting his poster on my pantry door though...probably not...

Lisa Dunick said...

So excited for you Carla! And can't wait to get your book on my Nook :O)

Chris Bailey said...

Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my heroes. For other characters, I search "character actor image" to find people with interesting physical characteristics.

Anne Gallagher said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you before now. I'm launching my new author/blog/website on Monday October 17th at

http://annegallagherwriter.blogspot.com

if you'd like to take a stroll through. If you wait until Monday I'll be giving away a copy of my new book.