Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Golden Investment found in blogs and loops

Just about every day I check out what authors write in this blog and the loops. While reading a loop post three weeks ago I read about a new publishing house right here in Alabama. At the time I didn't know that I was investing my reading in gold. The publisher mentioned was Astraea Press. My curiosity was peaked and I googled them. Since I kept receiving rejections I felt I had nothing to lose, so after reading their submission page I took a chance and sent in my submission. That was on Aug. 8, 2011. When I checked my in box on Aug. 18th I nearly died of shock. Astraea Press accepted my submission and asked me to read and sign a publishing contract. After carefully reading the contract I saw nothing surprising and signed it and sent it back. I have to tell you now that I spent 30 years in the insurance business so I know how to read and interpret contracts. The next day, Fri. the 19th I recieved the publishing contract signed from their end along with an attractive welcome aboard letter. Everyone has a different story about getting the call. Mine was so fast it took me by total surprise. So what I'm saying here in this blog is. Read it and look for your golden opportunity.

8 comments:

Louisa Cornell said...

Congratulations, Fred !! I am so very pleased for you and I can't wait to read your book!

This business is definitely part luck, part intuition, part tenacity and a BIG PART TALENT !!

Congratulations on using all of those to make your dream come true.

There's definitely GOLD IN THEM THERE BLOGS AND LOOPS!

Carla Swafford said...

I know what you mean, Fred. Everytime I think, what if I read the info on Avon Impulse's website and decided to say, "Nah! They wouldn't ever want my stuff." I would not be published today. Sometimes we just have to take that famous leap of faith.

Congratulations!

Ingrid Seymour said...

That is why they call it "being in the loop" :)

Georgie Lee said...

Congratulations! Loops and blogs are great places for finding opportunities.

Chris Bailey said...

Congratulations, Fred. All that work must feel worth it now!

Heather said...

Congratulations, Fred! As soon as you have your release date, let us know!

Alicia Coleman said...

Congratulations Fred! Looking forward to reading your book.

Cari Hislop said...

That's totally awesome! What a great story of recognizing an opportunity, going for it and having your dreams come true. Lovely!