Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SPRING RESOLUTIONS!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm reasonably certain that I suffer from SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it:) New Year's Resolutions do nothing for me. I make them, as do millions of others, but as the cold, dreary days of January drag as if with weighted snow boots into more of the same in February, I can't seem to care. I catch myself watching the digital numbers on my car's dashboard each afternoon on the way home from work to see if the sky is lighter just a little bit longer than the day before. And then finally, more daylight - YES! As the days continue to lengthen and the temperatures rise, so do my spirits and energy level. Now that myriad list of unattainable goals doesn't seem quite so unattainable anymore. Plots to structure, pages to write, pounds to lose - okay, maybe I'm getting a tad carried away here, but that's what spring is for... New heights (and weights) to aspire to!

How about all of you? Is there an added "spring" in your step these last few weeks? Or if that little extra is present all year long, please share your tips for staying upbeat and motivated even when the weather is not cooperating!

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Kat Jones said...

I'm with you! Springtime & longer days definitely lift my spirits!!! That to-do list almost seems doable with more daylight. :)

M.V.Freeman said...

I look forward to the rain. I'm just a gothic person at heart. :)

Louisa Cornell said...

My bulbs are already peeking out of the ground and my yard dogs got their end of winter baths. So, yes, I think Spring has sprung!