Friday, March 18, 2011

Four Days until THE DEVIL'S HEART!

I'm excited to share with you that my fifth book is coming out from Harlequin Presents in FOUR days! I can hardly believe it. My first book came out a year and a half ago. I was so excited about that book -- about seeing it listed on Amazon.com the first time, seeing the cover, finding it in the bookstore, and hearing from readers. It was such an amazing time for me.

And I can tell you honestly that I'm just as excited over the fifth as I was over the first. The Devil's Heart marks my first foray into a South American setting. The story starts in New York, but mostly takes place in Buenos Aires and Mendoza, Argentina.

RT Book Reviews said, "Lots of conflict, hot love scenes and a satisfying ending make this an entertaining read."




A diamond, and a deal with the devil…

Francesca D’Oro was just eighteen when darkly sexy Marcos Navarre swept her up the aisle—then fled before the ink on the marriage licence had dried. Marcos might have given Francesca a jewel for her finger, but he stole another: the Devil’s Heart—a dazzling yellow diamond he believed belonged to his family…

Years later Francesca, no longer so youthfully naïve, is determined to reclaim the precious gem! But she’s forgotten that Marcos lives up to the treasure’s name—and dealing with the devil is always dangerous!



Marcos and Francesca captured my heart and I just couldn't stop until I gave them their happy ending. It wasn't an easy book to write. They both have heartbreaking pasts that affect who they are today. But, as always in a romance novel, everything works out in the end. In fact, my husband was complaining about a movie he watched the other day. It was a foreign film about an arranged marriage (for immigration) that turns to love -- but the heroine dies before the hero can tell her he loves her. Hubby was not happy with this outcome. I told him he should read a romance novel instead. ;)

We don't do that to our characters, thank heavens!

For more information about The Devil's Heart, including an excerpt and some Behind the Book info, visit my website. And if you pick up the book, I'd love to hear what you think.

6 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Wow, 5 books in 18 months! You are writing machine! Congratulations and much continued success.

Louisa Cornell said...

Wow, Lynn! You are my hero! Seems like just yesterday we were newly minted Pixie Chicks with stars in our eyes! Now you've got those stars on reviews!!

Can't wait to read this one. LOVE all of your books and Mom and the rest of the "Little Old Ladies Reading Dirty Books" as my brother calls them, do too!

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Hi, Anne! Thank you so much! I never knew I could be a machine until I had to be, LOL. :)

Louisa, my darling! It IS hard to believe that we were newly minted Pixie Chicks just a little while ago now. How time flies! I hadn't even finished my first HP when we all 'met' online, and now I've written nine of them (they'll all make it to the US eventually!).

I love that your mother and her ladies love my books (and you too, of course)! Do you need more bookmarks for them? I'd be happy to drop some stuff in the mail! Just send me an email with the info. :) Hope to see you at the HOD luncheon!

M.V.Freeman said...

Oooh! I need to get that one.
I love how you write Lynn. (yes, I do read more than just Urban fantasy--which surprises even myself..!)

You are amazing! And I am inspired by you.

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Aw, thanks, Mary!!! :) For everything. :) I'm not surprised you read more than Urban Fantasy though. I think reading a lot of different stuff helps round us out as writers. :) And I'm really glad you enjoy my books!! :)

Louisa Cornell said...

Oh yes, they would LOVE some bookmarks! I'll e-mail you! And I hope to be able to attend the HOD Luncheon this year! Can't wait to see you there!