Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1000 and Counting

A chapter mate was nice enough to point out that this blog is number one thousand in the series. If that was not enough to contemplate, she also pointed out it would be debuting on 2/22/11.

Now, with those facts weighing heavily on my mind, I sat down at the computer prepared to tackle this momentous occasion. Surely, the magical qualities of the date will instill me with inspiration. The cosmos are in alignment--I can feel it.

So I sit. And, I sit. And, I look at what I have written, longing for further inspiration. So far, nothing. Then it dawns on me. This post is a beginning and a continuation. A beginning of the next 1000 posts where writers talk about their craft.

We are at different stages of our careers but we have one thing in common. We're dedicated to storytelling and take comfort in the association with others who do the same. Along the way we share our achievements, our disappointments and rejoice when a chaptermate reaches a goal. I know I can depend on this no matter what.

That is where the continuation comes in to play. If I have learned anything in the past four years, it is that I can rely on the support of my fellow Romance Magicians no matter what happens. This having been said, I am honored to have been able to write the 1000th post on this blog.

Now, as to the magical properties of the 2/22/11 date--it will either mean success in my writing this year or my lottery numbers will come up this evening. Either way, I'm up for it.

4 comments:

Lexi said...

Well said, Diane. I am grateful for the support of fellow writers, especially my peeps at Southern Magic.

Gwen Hernandez said...

So true, Diane. Having other writers to turn to has made all the difference for me, and Southern Magic was the first group to really give me that connection.

I hope your numbers come up! =)

Louisa Cornell said...

Great post, Diane! This is a tough enough road without having to do it all alone. Having fellow writers to support, cajole, encourage and laugh with along the way makes all the difference!

Lets hope the next 1000 posts sees us all published!

M.V.Freeman said...

Support in writing is what keeps me going. It wasn't until I learned that, did I obtain forward momentum.

And the 1000th blog! This is something to celebrate.

This year good things are going to happen.