Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011!

Wow, here I'm enjoying a beautiful morning on the first day of 2011. A lot happened last year and it flew by, and I'm now breathing in the fresh air and tasting the many possibilities of this new one.

This year I decided to keep it simple. So no long ambitious lists of resolutions, no goals with their stress-inducing deadlines for me. Instead I created a simple mantra or credo:

Live creatively, consciously, healthfully and simply.

So wishing you health, happiness and writing for 2011....I leave you with a cool New Year's quote I happened across:

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

8 comments:

Lexi said...

Love the quote, Rashda, and love your mantra! Happy New Year!

M.V.Freeman said...

Lovely Rashda!
May this year flow with glorious things for you. :)

Heather said...

A great quote to get in the right mindset for the new year!

Callie James said...

Love it!

Carla Swafford said...

That's certainly the way to think! Positive thinking is the key.

Rashda said...

Aww, you guys are so sweet. I saw that quote and i thought: Oooh, I know a group of scribes it'd be perfect for :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

A man called Valance said...

Happy New Year everybody.

Jane Charles said...

Love the mantra!