Friday, October 29, 2010

Chosen by the Sheikh


My 4th book from Harlequin Presents officially releases on November 1st (though it's in stores now!). Chosen by the Sheikh is actually a Harlequin Presents 2-in-1 featuring stories by me and Kim Lawrence.

My story is called "Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure." From the back cover: King Zafir bin Rashid al-Khalifa does not care for surprises like the reappearance of his ex, Dr Genie Gray! But now Zafir has the power to demand a willing Genie in his bed…

Zafir is my first sheikh. He’s as gorgeous and ruthless as you would expect a sheikh to be. But he’s also deeply emotional, and he’s been hurt before. When his ex-lover crashes into his life after ten years, he finds that he can’t quite let her go. Not without tasting her one more time.

Dr. Geneva Gray is an archaeologist who once loved a prince of the desert, but who walked away when she realized they could never be together in the way she wanted. Now, she’s been captured and given to Zafir as a gift—and the feelings she once pushed away are demanding to be dealt with before she can leave him a second time.

Naturally, nothing is as simple as either of them hope it will be. This is a reunion story -- and I love reunion stories! When two people have a passionate and emotional past, there's a lot of baggage to work through on the way to that happy end. It's never easy, but I promise it all works out in the end.

I'll be signing copies of Chosen by the Sheikh at Brooke's Book Stop in McCalla tomorrow, starting around 1PM! I hope to see some of you there!

6 comments:

M.V.Freeman said...

Lynn,
I love Alpha heros...and how did you find writing a sheikh? I know you said this was your first one. Was it easy? Hard? What kind of research did you have to do? (I'm full of questions!)

And congrats on the book signing! Woohoo! :0)

Lisa D. said...

Congrats :)

Jeanie said...

Congrats on all your wonderful success! May your book fly off the shelf!

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Hi, Mary! I didn't find it all that hard because I've been a sheikh romance fan forever! I love HP sheikhs. And when it was time to write my own, it wasn't a problem at all. I did a bit of Google research for setting, but I've actually done quite a bit of reading about Arab tribes in the past, so I drew on it.

Thanks, Lisa and Jeanie!

The booksigning was good, but I got a little sunburned. We were in the shade at first, but eventually we weren't anymore.

Louisa Cornell said...

You know I LOVE your books, Pixie Sister! Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Christine said...

Lynn: I saw it in the local Publix. I must start reading all my LRH books in fervor because this Sheik story sounds awesome.

Congrats on another book out in the world :-)