Wednesday, July 28, 2010

RWA National Conference Update

Wednesday - July 28, 2010, 1544 EST: Hi, All. Just a quick update from the beautiful Swan and Dolphin Resort in Disney World. First - if I could magically wish upon a star (or the beautiful fireworks that I saw from my hotel window last night), I'd have all of you down here with me. Not only for the networking/craft benefits offered by the conference itself, but hey, guys, this is Disney World! It's been so long since we last brought the kids that I'd forgotten the sheer magic/magnitude of this place. Yes, Nashville would have been wonderful as well, but have I ever mentioned in passing that as a mere infant, I was a member of the Mickey Mouse Club! Needless to say, the Mouseketeers and all things Disney hold a very special place in my heart:)

Second, I've already been busy trying to justify my trip by taking advantage of all that is available. Last night, I attended the KOD dinner followed by their AGM, and then got to be motivated by hearing the incomparable Cindy Gerard tell the story of her path to success. What a great speaker! This morning, I explored the resort and the nearby Boardwalk followed by lunch with the Heartbeart group comprised of Mills and Boon Medical Romance authors, with M&B editor Jenny Hutton along with agents, Scott Eagan and Michelle Grajkowski. Later this afternoon, the Literacy signing will begin. All those authors and all those books in one room. Be still my heart:)

Well, so far, that's it but I have great plans for the rest of the week. Again, I truly wish you all were here. Let's plan for a huge group from Southern Magic to converge on New York next year!

3 comments:

Callie James said...

Thanks for the update, Marie. Sounds great!

Kate Diamond said...

Disney World AND the conference... definitely sounds like fun!

Jeanie said...

Glad you are making the most of your time here, Marie. And so glad I bumped into you in this busy, busy place! Have fun!