Friday, March 26, 2010

Never Too Old

The second book in Christy Reece's Last Chance series, Second Chance, debuted March 23, 2010!

You'd have thought I had a vested interest in the book based upon the way I squealed and grabbed my copy off the shelf. I couldn't help myself when, a few rows over, I proceeded to proudly show the book to a sweet older lady and say, "This is my friend. I'm so proud!"

That was when I realized how demure and conservative she looked and the sexy nature of the cover. It was an Old Spice commercial moment: look at her, then the cover, then back to her. She mirrored my actions, looking at me, then the book, then back at me. I was just forming an apology, for my obvious gaffe, when she gently took the book out of my hands and read the back of the jacket. She smiled a sweet smile and then shocked me, as she walked off, by saying it looked good, I'll have to get it.

Just goes to show, you never grow too old for a good romance.

9 comments:

Christine said...

I agree, Diane. And I don't think we're ever too old to write them, either.

So happy for Christy. She's a stellar writer.

Louisa Cornell said...

What a great story, Diane! This lady worked on the theory "I'm old, not dead!"

My Mom reads Christy's books. She loves 'em. Her crew of little old ladies at the restaurant are big fans of all of the Southern Magic writers. The gobbled Lynn Rae Harris's first book up and asked to be told when the next one is coming out.

And you are absolutely right. You are never too old to read or write romance!

Heather said...

Diane, I bet you started a chain reaction. Just wait until that lady's friends are all picking up Christy's books, too! A good book will capture all age groups!

JoAnn said...

Cool, Diane!

Jeanie said...

Absolutely never too old! I want to be JUST that kind of old lady, classy on the outside and a red hot mama on the inside.

Cari Hislop said...

Rock On! Love that...Old Spice Moment! Thanks for sharing that!!!!

Carla Swafford said...

LOL!! I love it!

Christy Reece said...

Diane, what a wonderful story! Thanks so much for squealing!

And you're right, you're never too old to read or write romance. My mom is an avid romance reader and she's in her 70's. Believing in love and a happy ending has no age limit.

Bless you for making a sale for me too! Will give you a major hug tomorrow!

M.V.Freeman said...

Diane,
That is the coolest story!!
Thanks for making me smile.