Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NO CHANCE


Today is February 23 and NO CHANCE, the first book in my 2010 back-to-back romantic suspense trilogy, is now in stores!

Gabe Maddox, the hero, has been a secondary character in the three previous Last Chance Rescue books. The first time I met him, he intrigued me. I think he only had a couple of lines in RESCUE ME, but something about him told me I'd have to write his story some day. He makes an appearance in RETURN TO ME and in RUN TO ME, has a pretty significant role. That's one of the most enjoyable things about writing a series--giving an intriguing secondary character his or her own book. Each book in the series, except for RESCUE ME, has been a secondary character in a previous book.

NO CHANCE is a reunion romance, which is a favorite theme of mine. Thinking on it yesterday, I realized that all of the books leading up to NO CHANCE could be termed reunion romances. Wow. Looks like I have a theme theme going!

Wanted to share the news with my Southern Magic sisters and brothers. You all have supported me from the moment I walked into my first meeting. Thank you so much for all the love and kindness. Quoting the lovely and talented Kelly St. John, "Southern Magic rocks!"

Be sure to come over to my blog today at http://christyreece.com. I'm having a release party all day and giving away lots of cool prizes!

13 comments:

Jeanie said...

Congratulations, Christy! You must be over the moon! I agree that one of the great joys of writing is meeting those all-important secondary characters! They add so much to the story and, like you said, sometimes demand a story of their own.

Christy Reece said...

Thank you, Jeanie! Yes, very excited!

Another thing I love about secondary characters--meeting them early on gives you an opportunity to get to know them. By the time you're ready to write his or her book, you know them well.

Thanks again!

Callie James said...

Enjoy this fabulous day, Christy!

Thinking of you!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, Callie.

You and Carla were so helpful in brainstorming this book with me when we were coming back from the Heart of Dixie luncheon last May.

Thank you both!

Christine said...

sooo excited-- can't wait to get my paws on this...

Christy Reece said...

Christine, thanks so much! Hope you enjoy it!

M.V.Freeman said...

Wish I could have been there, but I am quite happy with my copy of "No Chance"

Great celebrations and hugs to you, this is well deserved Christy!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, M.V. So happy you won a copy a few days ago!

Carla Swafford said...

I'm picking up my copy Thursday. :-) Congratulations, Christy!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks, Carla! You and Callie were so wonderful in helping me brainstorm this book. So appreciate it!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations, Christy!

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, JoAnn!

Razlover's Book Blog said...

Congratulations, Christy!

I loved reading your Last Chance trilogy and was so happy when I heard you had a new trilogy out this year.